- + Follow
Looking for a fresh challenge where I can apply my skill-set and strong experience in the graphic arts industry including Desktop Publishing - Digital Image processing - Web design and Photography as well as Organizational Management. Especially suited to connect with an organization who is looking for a problem solver, troubleshooter who has outstanding capabilities for follow through [conception to completion] insuring high quality results.
Photography - Portraits
Photography - Family & Children
GRAPHIC DESIGNER Portfolio: http://www.shellyhubbartphoto.com
• Designed a 240 page published Journal used for teaching and personal reflection. Smyth sewn, perfect bound, padded cover with spot aqueous coating and ribbon marker. Designed using Adobe CS2 programs including Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
o Received accolades and high recognition for seamlessly blending the input from Sales, Production and Management by listening and implementing the thoughts, ideas and creative input of all contributors to create a finished product that exceeded desired needs.
o Negotiated with printer to produce Journals ahead of schedule, ensured product availability for speaking engagements. Journals were produced under original quoted price and ahead of original schedule.
• Helped increase efficiency enabling the organization to cut costs dramatically while doubling productivity of every team member, keeping all projects on time and on or under budget.
• Introduced new concepts and innovations that enhanced existing messaging/marketing protocols giving greater distribution, circulation, and direct response to the end products.
• Implemented a new system of cost controls and bid processing to maximize every dollar spent for the best possible "Bang for the Buck.”
o Continually evaluated and streamlined the processes to eliminate the middleman when possible by having people and departments evaluate only the necessary elements of their projects.
o Evaluated each marketing piece to be created in a cost effective manor while fulfilling its purpose.
• Achieved a “Best Month Ever” of $25,612 in revenue with an Operating income of $20,124.
Graphic Design and Photography
Contracted for various organizations and individuals including graphic design for Group Publishing and Little Sisters of the Poor.
• Designing two and four color newsletters up to 12 pages in length, 4 color fliers, and building maps for churches, volunteer leaders, a volunteer resource center and an elderly care center.
• Photographed Family and individuals for their personal and business uses.
• Redesigned a 58 page church website using HTML, CSS, Photoshop, flash and Dreamweaver.
11/2002-11/2008 - Marilyn Hickey Ministries
Lead Director - Art Department
• Produced artwork and directed a team of artists for projects including Books, Bookmarks, Brochures, National Magazines, Bulletins, Postcards, Newsletters, Posters, CD's and DVD's Monthly web pages, Print and Outdoor Advertising, Direct Mail Campaigns, scanning of photographs, and photographic clean up and manipulation.
• Directed photo shoots of products and people indoors and outdoors.
• Worked with vendors to determine best processes and papers for projects while being cost effective.
• Hired, trained, mentored, and delivered performance evaluations with apportioned raises where appropriate.
• Streamlined product approval processes by bypassing unnecessary approvals.
• Established a training program accelerating less-experienced artist’s productivity and proficiency.
• Created discovery/clarification work environment that gave consistent input and feedback from all levels of administrative involvement and approvals while allowing space for “fresh” concepts from the creative side to keep messaging cutting edge.
1995-2002 – IKON Document Services
Legal Trial Graphics Department Head
• Established the Trial Graphics Department for IKON Legal Document Services. Set up equipment and office space; collaborated with superiors to establish pricing; ordered inventory, maintained supplies and advertised Trial Graphics services.
• Designed trial exhibits which included large and small format printing and mounting, scanning of documents and photographs, document clean up and manipulation, and scheduling of jobs.
• Worked daily with the sales team on trial graphics consulting. Completed in the field consultations with clients.
“AVOCATION” -- 2008-2011 NEW PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS
Launched a photography business to meet obvious growing demands for vivid, fresh expressions that capture real people and events; tone; image; attitude; and feeling.
Adobe CS4 Products: Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash
Microsoft Office Programs: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
Other: Quark Xpress, PageMaker
Associate Degree - Web Design: Red Rocks Community College - Currently Enrolled
Bachelors Degree - Organizational Management: Colorado Christian University
Associates Degree - Visual Communications: The Art Institute of Colorado
Art Institutes International
Colorado Christian University