- + Follow
With an educational background in fine art and over ten years of experience as a graphic designer, I recognize the opportunities for crossover between the two disciplines. With a unique blend of skills in visual communication I enjoy finding solutions that help clients convey their ideas.
drawing and painting
• Art Director, CarMax Superstores, Inc., VA
2000 – present
Concepting and designing internal and external creative, from logos to billboards. Collaborating with clients and copywriters. Branding for internal departments and external strategies. Initiating environmental awareness and identifying affordable eco-friendly solutions. Photographing for internal and public relations communications.
• Volunteer Graphic Designer, Down Syndrome Association of Greater Richmond, VA 2010 – present
Creating logos; designing brochures, posters, web banners, ads, event signage, etc.
• Production Artist, Circuit City Stores, Inc., VA 1999 – 2000
Created newspaper ads according to design templates and retail information.
• Audio Tour Assistant (part-time/temporary while working full-time), Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, VA 2000
Distributed audio tour for Impressionist Landscape exhibit. Directed visitors within museum.
• Administrative Assistant, Internet Connections/Internet Creations, VA 1999
Assisted Vice President with customer service and record keeping and customer internet accounts.
• Photo Finisher/Framist Assistant, Richmond Camera/Richmond Frame, VA 5/98 – 8/98 & 9/95 – 9/97
Maintained quality of production and work flow efficiency in areas including printing, editing, pricing/packaging, and framing assistance.
• National Association of Photoshop Professionals Conference, Washington, D.C. –– 2012
• National Association of Photoshop Professionals Conference, Las Vegas, NV –– 2010
• National Association of Photoshop Professionals Conference, Orlando, FL –– 2008
• Adobe Seminar with Bert Monroy –– 2006
• EEI, Color Management for Digital Publishing, Alexandria, VA –– 2004
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA —
BFA in Painting and Printmaking with Minor in Art History, 1995
University of Georgia, Lamar Dodd School of Art, Athens, GA — graduate study in Drawing and Painting, 1997
University of Richmond, School of Continuing Studies, VA — graduate study in Liberal Arts, 2011
VCU Painting and Printmaking Senior Art Book Award, 1995