- + Follow
Freelance Fashion Designer and Fashion Illustrator
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
A well rounded apparel designer with over 10 years experience in fashion design, 17 years as fashion illustrator/artist, and over 15 years of apparel production knowledge, currently seeking freelance to full time opportunities.
Everything you see here is designed by Sonia Stella with the respect of the companies she has worked for to create these styles, there is also a few illustrations with designs done by famous designers whom the credit is given too as they are for illustration purposes.
Apparel Dress Design and illustration
Apparel Design Sketches for various markets
Intimate Apparel Designs
If you are interested in contacting me about apparel design/production/or illustration work, please email me at email@example.com with more information
I am a freelance apparel designer and Illustrator
• Fashion design and graphic design experience, fashion illustration, creative and concept design, and extensive production design knowledge.
• Collection merchandising and line development, flat/Industry pattern drafting both manual and computer aided (Gerber) trained, grading, marking and cutting, hand draping on form.
• Flat technical flat sketching; both freehand and CAD, 17 years as an Illustrator using variety of mediums, as well as Illustrator CS5 and Photoshop.
• Line sheets, costing garments, specification sheets, source sheets, complete technical packages, knowledge of fabrics and trims and hardware, as well as designing each detail, pattern and design.
• Ability to articulate and influence the design process with fashion expertise and have the ability to articulate and rationale for major design decisions.
• Background in woven’s, knits, delicate fabrications, and ability to develop print and patterns, 20 years of sewing and garment construction knowledge.
• Knowledge of licensing of fabrics
• Ability to create a line look and determine what fashion trends and prediction are appropriate given seasonal trends and new concepts.
• Brand identity industry experience and exposure; specific experience in fashion, identity, package and print design.
• Working knowledge of textile design; inclusive of print and pattern design, fabric attributes, repeat patterns, 2-way, placement prints and engineered prints, CAD process, and textile development process
• Affection for designing apparel in various markets and working with several brands to develop new lines using fine fabrication, laces, knits, woven's, leathers, to create cohesive collections.
• Educated at FIDM the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles with a degree in Fashion Design.
ANA O INTIMATES
MISS UNIVERSE PAGEANT
CAMP ENTERPRISES WINES, INC
ELLA LIBERTY INTIMATE APPAREL
SIENNA ROSE, INC
EVA & PAUL DENIM ( used to be KISMET DENIM BRAND)
SPICY LINGERIE/EYE CANDY LINGERIE
IRON COWGIRL CLOTHING
EMA SAVAHL DESIGN
LIFE IN THE FAB LANE with Kimora Simmons
Style Network/Left Right Left Inc.
THE ACADEMY OF ART AUSTRALIA
ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH
Thank you for your interest,