- + Follow
User Experience Designer
A Lead User Experience Researcher, Strategist and Designer that is passionate about creating efficient designs and a positive user experience. In fifteen years I have worked independently, collaborated on teams, and have lead both on-site and offshore teams with great success rates. My experience in development ranges across multiple industries and extent of development: from simple mobile app development to integrating complex multi-system platforms into a unified, seamless experience. I take the complex and make it simple and easy to use. <br> Give me a call or email me - I would love to discuss UX strategy with you!
Industry: Automotive, Software
Currently conducting UXD strategy development and research/responsibilities for a major software redesign of Autosoft DMS: transitioning the current desktop based Dealership Management System software application to a cloud-based application.
Projects: UX Strategy Roadmap, Sales F&I overhaul.
Industry: Healthcare/Health Insurance, Software
HCI consultant that implemented UXD strategy and conducted UXD research/responsibilities for a major software redesign of HealthPlaNET: transitioning the current thick-client desktop software application to a more streamlined, web-based software application.
Developed and implemented new UX processes that complemented and enhanced the existing team’s processes and workflow.
Details of UX responsibilities include: heuristic evaluations, requirement and content analysis, pluralistic walkthroughs, wireframing, prototyping, usability testing and user interface design as well as the development of user interface standards and patterns for the overhaul and redesign of the application.
Projects: UX Strategy Roadmap, UX process implementation into TFS (web version of Visual Studio), user research for desktop application as well as user need assessments and wireframing of new features and modules within the web application: Assessments, Medication Review, PGI’s and Timeliness Regulatory.
Developed UXD strategy and research plans, Evangelized UXD awareness through various departments by creating brown bag sessions and presentations. Created conceptual designs for testing and final interface designs for mobile redesign initiative.
Research projects included a variety of competitive research plans and reports, development of card sorting and usability scripts in conjunction with mediation and testing, planning and reporting out of findings to senior level staff. UX and UI design responsibilities: wireframing, storyboarding and interface design for responsive web designs, mobile and software initiatives. Lead brainstorming sessions and requirement gathering sessions with mobile team. Advised on software purchases and resource allocations.
Projects: UX Strategy, card sorting exercises, content inventory of websites, and user research for current mobile devices.
Conducted UXD strategy, research and SOW outlines for testing conceptual and final interface designs for MARC advertising on a contractual basis. Research projects included a variety of competitive research plans and reports, card sorting scripts, implementation and mediation of card sorts, planning and reporting. UX design responsibilities: wireframing and storyboarding for responsive web designs; both in mobile and software initiatives. Mentored Junior Designers on software use, proper research methodologies to gain unbiased reporting and analysis and reporting of data.
Projects: UX Research Strategy for Gold Eagle and Taxonomy Structure Development and Advisement.
Analyze and develop intra-web enhancements as well as conduct IA/UXD responsibilities for Pathfinder, a $10M initiative for an HR portal that compiles all of PNC’s HR Resources into one convenient location for their employees.
Projects: Employee Portal, and Manager Resource View
● Perform user needs assessments, business analysis, and define high-end business requirements.
● Analyze current applications and ensure that no tasks are omitted in the transfer to the new portal system.
● Produce wireframes and prototypes in several formats for usability studies and business reviews.
● Developed and maintain the pattern documentation for the portal’s interactive features. Ensure standards are adhered to.
● Conduct requirement meetings with business stakeholders.
Industry: eCommerce/Biotechnology Industry
Developed website design enhancements and conducted IA/UXD responsibilities for FisherSci.com, an e-commerce website which generates over $1B in revenue a year. Was a member of the team that worked closely with IBM in the complete redesign and implementation of Thermo.com.
Projects: Search Utilizing Endeca's Search Engine, Thermo.com Website Redesign, User Account and Admin Screens and Procurement Application Enhancements
• Performed user needs assessments, business analysis, and defined requirements.
• Evaluated and assessed existing components of the site, documenting legacy features.
• Produced wireframes and prototypes in several formats for usability studies and business reviews.
• Facilitated usability tests with customers and conducted UAT with business stakeholders utilizing high-fidelity prototypes.
• Developed and maintained the Pattern Library for the redesigned Thermo.com site.
• Developed Competitive Features Analysis book for Fisher Scientific, highlighting functionality of their top 10 competitors.
Companies included Vertis Communications and MdNetSolutions
Accounts: Dick's Sporting Goods, a full-line sporting goods retailer operating 315 stores in 34 states, and MdNetSolutions, a startup that specialized in online marketing and lead-based tracking systems for bariatric practices.
• Managed a small creative team that conceptualized, designed, and implemented a new online initiative that included editorial components and interactive online circulars.
• Performed the asessment and design of UI for a new initiative of online circular sales.
• Managed communication of scheduled work to the traffic coordinator and outside vendors.
• Directed the design work of junior designers and collaborated with outside developers on website development.
• Assessed clients’ current website architecture and provided heuristic assessments of the UI and proposed options which would afford opportunities for future site expansion.
• Analyzed content inventory and proposed areas to the client where content could be enhanced in new website designs.
• Produced and designed storyboards, wireframes, prototypes of UI for presentations, client approvals, and team reviews.
• Suggested to clients opportunities for SEO on legacy interfaces and transferred proposals to new designs.
• Researched and analyzed developing trends in social websites, web applications, and mobile applications that would generate interest in the bariatric community.
Industry: Education - Homebuilding/Real Estate
Project lead for a $4M initiative for Pulte Homes' Online Building Encyclopedia. Additional responsibilities included developing marketing and LMS websites.
Industry: Education - Higher Education
Industry: Healthcare, Education and Research
Currently working on my Masters in HCI through DePaul's online distance program.