Cutting Edge Graphic Design Geared For Everyday Life On Broad Scale. C.E.G.D.G.F.E.L.O.B.S. The Key Principals Of Southern Flava Images LLC. We Work Hard To Bring Forth Elements Of Design In Your World. SFI
CEO and head freelance designer of Southern Flava Images LLC Houston Texas. Over 10 years of experence in Graphic design applications.
Cell (501) 541-6524, Fax (501) 835-1502, firstname.lastname@example.org
Garrick Jones majored in graphic design and business administration while attending Arkansas State University. While pursuing his undergraduate degree, Garrick was able to take several different graduate level business courses which were more challenging for him. While pursuing his degree in the arts, Garrick began to recognize just how unique his skills were. Most of his colleagues in the art department had artistic skills equal to Garrick, but had no business sense. Likewise, his colleagues in the business department were very business oriented but struggled with creativity.
As well as being gifted with a creative side Garrick was blessed with the size to play college football for Arkansas State University. The notion of making big money in the NFL made him put his Graphics education on hold. Garrick went on to have a fruitful career in the CFL and, NFL. Along the way he made a massive amount of contacts that will be in fact needing graphics work. These years proved to be a wonderful experience as Garrick was surrounded by very bright, creative people. Garrick has taken advantage of the NFL by interning with different companies during his years in the NFL, taking on small projects, usually components of larger projects.
After 9 years of the CFL and NFL Garrick has chosen to take it back to the essence of where it started back in high school. By using the contacts made in the NFL, CFL, and the entertainment industry Garrick has poised himself to make an impact to be felt worldwide.
• Over 15 years of freelance graphic design experience.
• VP of Sales & Head designer for Game Time Athletics INC a Memphis Based apparel company
• Founder & Lead designer for Pro Football 101 – Truth From The Trenches, Sherwood Arkansas
• Layout design for Bussitopen Magazine & overseeing the graphics for Mister Magazine in Houston Texas.
• Lead designer for Fosho & Foshe Clothing, and having my pieces modeled in Mister Magazine.
• Managed six designers and artists responsible for Web Design and Internet marketing campaigns for both magazines.
• Headed the art departments of the Garrick Jones Youth Foundation in Atlanta GA & Houston TX
• Developed professional team to deliver quality results, on-time and within budget.
• Produced award-winning art "Faith" received auction spot in nation-wide NFLPA Smocks n Jocks competition during super bowl 06'
• Streamlined communication with consulting artists to ensure understanding of design specifications and timely delivery of artwork. Also directed content development using frequent review points to monitor progress.
• Directed content development using frequent review points to monitor progress.
• Designed templates for standard documents, reducing the time to produce a new final document by half.
• Interviewed clients to explain design options and formulate specifications for artwork.
• Trained in Adobe Photoshop, Image Ready, Maya, Quark Express, Macromedia, and 3d Studio Max.
1997 to Present
Southern Flava Images LLC Houston Texas
North Little Rock, Arkansas
2002 to 2008
73 Entertainment & Promotions LLC
Arkansas State University
Extensive preparation in Adobe Photoshop. Specialized training included Image Ready, Maya, Quark Express, Macromedia, and 3d Studio Max.
"[Bonus Babies]." [Kiplinger's Personal Finance]. [ Washington D.C. ] December 2004,
Graphics Coordination, VICA, North Little Rock Arkansas, 1995 to 1997.Streamlined communication with consulting artists to ensure understanding of design specifications and timely delivery of artwork.
Prototypes were produced for client approval and final artwork to meet client deadlines.
Awards of Excellence
Designed 40th anniversary logo, EEOC Houston Texas, Houston Texas, 2005
Honored with Garrick Jones day October 25, 2005 in the City of Houston, Texas.
SMOCKS N JOCKS, NFLPA, Detroit Michigan, 2005 to 2006. This event is an annual competition of active and retired NFL artist and, designers. The selected works are auctioned for charity.
TYCOR PRODUCTIONS, Movie Scores, Art Direction, Tycor Productions 2006
2002 to 2005
Fed homeless and spoke on behalf of the Houston Texans organization.
Gave insight on my career as a graphic designer to at risk inner city youth in various programs while being a national football player.
Counselor of ART/Player
2006 to 2006
Worked with the Athletes Helping Youth Foundation to improve conditions at area recreation centers while teaching art foundations
2002 to 2002
Kansas City Chiefs
Kansas City, Kansas
Interned at Chapman Recording Studios Kansas City, Kansas
Internships Initiative Program
2007 to 2008
Calgary, Alberta Canada
Work with The Critical Mass Design Group in regards to recruitment of interns for sport specific programs and projects in the city of Calgary.
Fused Logic / 73 Entertainment & Promotions LLC Joint Venture
2008 to 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Various promotions projects ranging from MMA functions to social media strategy & social media education.
Arkansas State University