- + Follow
Automotive Design Graduate
My name is Ajay Parameswaran. I am an MA Automotive design graduate from Coventry University UK, with relevant experience gained in the automotive design sector and project expertise developed at University, now seeking opportunities as Automotive Designer/Alias Modeller. I am passionate about developing creative design ideas and solutions to exterior and interior design; ready to apply sound knowledge of 3D modelling as well as 2D renderings to communicate my ideas clearly; and motivated to improve my design skills and compete globally.
Graduated with an MA Degree in Automotive Design, from Coventry University UK in April, 2013
Collaborative Project – January 2012 – May 2012
Nissan Design Europe
Worked on a joint collaborative project between Nissan Design Europe and Coventry University to design and develop design ideas that answer to various sustainability factors, for the year 2015.
• Developed a strong knowledge of vehicle interior architecture, and design criteria
• Was selected as a team leader and chief designer.
• Developed a design language along with team members, and then a half scale clay model of the interior was produced.
• Developed a 3D Alias model, and further an animation was created using the same.
• Applied a range of car design principles to resolve ergonomic and design issues, to come up with a clean and spacious cabin layout.
Completed a Pre-Masters tailored programme in Transportation prior to my MA degree in Automotive Design
Design Engineer – May 2008 – August 2010
Renault Nissan Alliance
Worked as a Design Engineer at Renault Nissan in Body-In-White department. Specialised in Product development, and worked on several projects to develop 3D engineered components with CATIA V5.
• Developed a strong knowledge of the vehicle architecture, and the manufacturing process.
• Designed and developed vehicle BIW panels using CATIA V5.
• Analysed and interpreted technical data for reports and presentations.
• Worked with Managers to decide the most appropriate materials for component production.
• Provided technical support to relevant internal departments such as CAE department for crash testing.
• Applied a range of Mechanical principles to resolve engineering issues and find appropriate solutions.