- + Follow
Automotive Designer @ Tata Motors, India
I am an Automotive Designer with over 5 years’ experience in the Automotive Industry. Presently working as Creative Designer at Tata Motors, Pune since January’14, with additional 2.5 years experience as Design engineer with Renault Nissan, Chennai. MA Automotive Design graduate from Coventry University, UK and B.Tech Mechanical Engineering graduate from Bharath University, Chennai. My multi-disciplinary education & industry experience has enabled me to approach design ideas in a more holistic manner, tackling design challenges confidently. I am passionate about developing my creative design ideas and solutions to exterior design; ready to apply strong knowledge of 2D Sketching as well as 3D Modelling to communicate my ideas. Motivated to work with a design team on various challenging design and development projects, as well as to develop personal and design skills, and compete globally.
Concept Designer – January 2014 – Present
Tata Motors Ltd.
Presently working as Concept Designer at Tata Motors Limited.
1. STAR BUS HYBRID, Launched February 2016.
• Was selected as the lead designer of the programme, which went on from the first sketch phase to final presentation of the Bus at the Auto Expo.
• Primary exterior designer; developed the CAS data and progressed in conjunction with the engineering departments for successful project delivery.
• Exterior Decals designer; worked along with Colour & Trim team to finalise the colour schemes for the Launch bus.
The bus was unveiled at the Indian Auto Expo, 2016 and the design was well received.
2. VARIOUS OTHER CONFIDENTIAL PROJECTS, January 2014 - Present.
• Presently working on a number of confidential projects for both the Passenger cars as well as Commercial Vehicles.
• Have taken part in the sketch development phase of both exterior and interior design, and have had my proposals selected for both devisions.
3. SUPPORT TO BRAND DNA DOCUMENTATION, January 2014 - Present.
• Part of the team for Standardisation and Documentation of the brand DNA, which would be implemented on all future Design processes.
Graduated with an MA Degree in Automotive Design, from Coventry University UK in April, 2013
Collaborative Project – January 2012 – May 2012
Nissan Design Europe
Worked on a joint collaborative project between Nissan Design Europe and Coventry University to design and develop design ideas that answer to various sustainability factors, for the year 2015.
• Developed a strong knowledge of vehicle interior architecture, and design criteria
• Was selected as a team leader and chief designer.
• Developed a design language along with team members, and then a half scale clay model of the interior was produced.
• Developed a 3D Alias model, and further an animation was created using the same.
• Applied a range of car design principles to resolve ergonomic and design issues, to come up with a clean and spacious cabin layout.
Completed a Pre-Masters tailored programme in Transportation prior to my MA degree in Automotive Design
Design Engineer – May 2008 – August 2010
Renault Nissan Alliance
Worked as a Design Engineer at Renault Nissan in Body-In-White department. Specialised in Product development, and worked on several projects to develop 3D engineered components with CATIA V5.
• Renault MoKa/Twizy: Proposed various ideas and solutions for the Body/Structure on CATIA V5.
• Developed a strong knowledge of the vehicle architecture, and the manufacturing process.
• Analysed and interpreted technical data for reports and presentations.
• Worked with Managers to decide the most appropriate materials for component production.
• Provided technical support to relevant internal departments such as CAE department for crash testing.
• Applied a range of Mechanical principles to resolve engineering issues and find appropriate solutions.