- + Follow
Stacey Mendez (Mendezblog)
Contract Designer & Storyteller
United Kingdom, United Kingdom
United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Hi! thanks for checking out my profile... I am a 'thinking designer' who thrives on strategy, emotional design, abstract ideas and creating visually exciting products/experiences for people. As an advocate for Storytelling; I believe design is the "meaningful" link between lifestyle, products, people and brands. Cheers, Stacey
Various - Trying new things, learning new things, making new things and still moving forward.
"DP" is a design consultancy in Bray, Ireland who create compelling products for brands. As a direct point of client contact, I led and supported design visions, working closely with clients, engineering, marketing and design teams on international projects. Responsible for the overall design story and product delivery, we focused on designing 'tactile goods' for manufacture.
Key brand building projects/DP Published projects:
• 'B3' Hip Hop identity and products
• 2012 'One of a kind' signature sculpture celebrating London Olympic Achievement
• Logitech C920 Business Webcam Refresh
• Logitech K280 Business and K290 Retail Keyboards
With international experiences in 'product design' studios, I was offered the opportunity to give back and share my experiences so far with future design graduates. My aim was to inspire.
DCA is a product development design consultancy in Warwick, UK. Involved in user workshops, trend analysis and creation of visual brand language documents I focused on communicating the emotional qualities of brand through product. Here, I was able to further broaden my design experiences working solely on consumer goods.
• Wisdom Quantum Clean Toothbrush Range
• Wisdom Ultraflex Toothbrush Range
• Veet brand range architecture
GRO design is a strategic design consultancy in Holland, The Netherlands. Within a team my role involved helping to define design strategies and creating 'future visions' which articulated brand values into consumer goods and electronics.
Key team projects:
• Strategic design of baby products
• Brand identity for range of internet products
• Design of food
Vtech is a world leading Telecommunications company in Tai Po, Hong Kong. As my first overseas industry experience I created lifestyle inspired products extending Vtech's product range. This opportunity to work on the opposite side of the globe resulted in me meeting and working with a wide range of talented and self motivated designers.
• Vtech/AT&T Digital Answering System
• Vtech DECT 6.0 Teen Cordless Telephone
• Vtech DECT 6.0 Lifestyle Cordless Telephone
CCD Design and Ergonomics is a diligent human factors company based in London, UK. As an intern I acted as the creative source to the team. Contributing to all areas of research, user analysis and observations, I worked on the re-designing national control rooms centres, rail signalling stations and company corporate branding.
Echo Brand Design was a bullish brand and innovation start-up in London, UK. As an intern my role was to provide as much creative support and energy to the team as possible. Responsibilities included:
• Brand trend research and market competitive analysis
• Mood-board creations, communicating the essence, tone of voice and personality of a brand
• Developing holistic concept ideas across product, brand and communications
• Sketching, Visualization, Renderings
• Creative team member in brainstorms, concept reviews
Cartooning, illustration and storytelling.
The course focused on thinking, methodology, methods and process. Providing fundamental 'User design Thinking' projects celebrated students devloping their own rationale and innovative design solutions. Key project questions: • What is the idea/concept? • Who is it for? • Why do they need it? • How does it fulfil there needs? • Would they want it?