I design holiday and seasonal products, mainly Halloween and Christmas, and children's room decor and toys.
27 Cheever Place apt.3
Brooklyn, NY 11231
June 2011- present
BUCKY"S BONEYARD- New York
Design and develop Halloween props.
• Brainstorm with marketing team and create innovative new products
• Work back and forth with the China team to make sure the product is on
time, up to standards, and at cost
Design and draft porcelain Christmas and Halloween
villages, accessories, and animated buildings.
• Draw buildings with intricate detail
• Render buildings for presentation
• Brainstorm new lines and buildings to match themes
• Design logos and brand identity for each building
• Draft elevations for sculptors in China
• Incorporate new technologies into standard buildings
MORBID ENTERPRISES (RUBIES COSTUME CO)- New York, NY
Work with marketing team to create gory horror props, costumes, and accessories.
• Illustrate costumes with costing knowledge of materials and mechanisms
• Design cost efficient mechanisms to use throughout the line
• Set up showrooms for sales team
• Travel to trade shows to brainstorm future lines
• Develop products based on licenses such as The Exorcist”, “Psycho”,
“Devil’s Rejects” and “The Walking Dead”
March 2005-September 2009
THE BETESH GROUP- New York, New York
Develop and problem solve room décor products with specific demographic, logistic, trend, and price guidelines.
•Travel to China to launch and oversee new product development
•Render mechanical drawings for new in house concepts and licensed products
•Work with sales to develop presentations for buyers
•Develop play environments and inflatable furniture
•Overseas correspondence with Hong Kong
•Conduct research and analyze trends in Tokyo
June 2003-March 2005
GEMMY INDUSTRIES CORPORATION- Copell,Texas Designer/Illustrator, Showroom Designer
Member of a creative team responsible for the design and development of Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, Easter, everyday, and licensed products. Licenses include Disney, Warner Brothers, Fox, DreamWorks, Nickelodeon, the NFL, and NASCAR. Gemmy Industries is a leading manufacturer of animated products, gifts, and novelties.
•Worked closely with sales and marketing to develop special promotional products, prepare sales presentations, and formulate marketing strategies.
•Conducted research and analyzed trend information to aid in the development of product lines.
• Assisted with the design and construction of product displays and booths for toy exhibitions and showrooms in Dallas, New York, and Hong Kong
• Designed packaging for the everyday toy line
Summer 2002 internship
TOYS R US- Paramus,New Jersey
Assisted in the development of line extensions for Schoolastic, Home Depot, Fast Lane, and Animal Alley
•Drafted control drawings and exploded views of products on 3-D programs
•Research and determine which licenses to carry
•Set up layout boards for presentations¬
Fashion Institute of Technology New York, New York
Associate degree in Advertising Design
• Graduated 2001 magna cum laude
Bachelor degree in Toy Design
• Graduated 2003 magna cum laude
• 3.6 GPA
Kutztown University Kutztown, Pennsylvania
• Furniture design 1996-1999
• Deans list
• Vellum 3-D
• some sewing