- + Follow
Art Director in Filmfare magazine
● Self determined with an eye for detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects within a fast paced environment.
● Ability to do multitasking and work efficiently as per deadlines.
● Individual team player and flexible to adapt the adverse situations.
● Proactive thinker and planner with proven competency in designing and presentation of magazines and newspaper.
● Leadership and artistic skills.
● Time management is the essence of success.
● Over 12 years of experience in creating designs, visualizing and conceptualizing for the ‘print media’. With an exposure of creating advertisement of international standard, designing projects, with prime focus on requisite quality and productivity standards.
● Expert in InDesign skills, with understanding of baseline grids, consistency, style sheets, layout composition and colors.
● Modern yet sophisticated approach to typography and page design.
● In depth knowledge of print production process for magazines.
● Created layouts design for all print i.e. magazines, newspaper, brochures etc.
● Oversee all aspects of the design and production of a publication.
● Communicating with prospective client and gathering message to deliver the required quality.
- Worldwide media
- Aug 2012 - Present (1 year 4 months)
FILMFARE is a magazine under the World Wide Media (WWM) umbrella, a subsidiary of Bennett Coleman Company Limited (BCCL). It is the official handbook on anything Bollywood. With its exclusive interviews, classy photo-shoots, insider stories, sneak peeks, Bollywood fashion coverage, movie reviews & special features, Filmfare captures Bollywood’s biggest stars and divas at their most colorful and candid best. It is India’s No. 1 entertainment magazine and has a readership of almost 2 million. It is a fortnightly magazine which is being brought out on a tight deadline.
● Art direction and designing of magazine page layouts.
● Setting up grids & guidelines for the special issues.
● Overall design and look and feel of the magazine.
● In hand co-ordination with the photographers to ensure timely completion of the up-coming issue.
● Complete co-ordination with the Production Team to ensure 100% accuracy and set quality standards.
● Constant check on cromalin proof of layouts before they are sent for printing to ensure accuracy and presentation.
- Outlook Business Magazine
- Apr 2006 - Jul 2012 (6 years 3 months)
Outlook Business magazine has a readership of 2.64 K serves Corporate and Business sector along with the young entrepreneurs.
Roles and responsibilities
● Leading the Art Department and overall graphic look of the magazine.
● To design and visualize grids & guidelines for Special Reports, Special Issues including the
● Designing FOB, BOB, page layouts, covers, graphics, tables, illustrations and redesigning of magazine.
● Worked with photographers, illustrators to achieve desired goals and produce high-quality work.
● Incorporate ideas and made revisions in response to the well-reasoned criticisms of other team members.
● Worked with the production team to deliver quality.
● Designing artwork for mailers for upcoming special issues to be sent to clients.
● Designing of posters, signage, and flyers.
● Making and uploading e-magazine on web.
- TejBandhu Group
- Aug 2005 - Mar 2006 (7 months)
Graphic Design Specialist
- Corporate Executive Board
- Jan 2005 - Jul 2005 (6 months)
- Exchange 4 Media
- Nov 2004 - Jan 2005 (2 months)
- Tej Bandhu Group
- Feb 2000 - Nov 2004 (4 years 9 months)
University of Delhi
- B. Com. English, Accounts, Economics, Commerce
- 1997 - 2002
Apex Public School, Delhi
- Senior Secondary Science
- 1995 - 1996