- + Follow
Interactive Media Operations Manager, Web Producer
I lead, inspire and manage edgy, interactive web teams and align stakeholders as we develop Internet marketing solutions using state-of-the art digital media.
With more than 15 years of experience as a Project Manager and Designer working on major marketing websites and projects my strong background includes working through the entire SDLC, developing proposals, managing work streams and budgets, building relationships and creating value for my company and clients. I have strong visual aesthetic sense along with an extensive knowledge and experience working in Web 2.0 Architecture where I have managed multiple projects with design and development teams from concept to launch.
A creative problem solver with strong verbal communication skills, I have a strong reputation for developing key marketing strategies and delivering successful web projects are on time and meet specific customer requirements.
Team Management of Developers, Creative and Project Management staff.
Client Interaction & Relations: Determining objectives and managing expectations.
Developing Proposals, Managing Project Goals and Budgets, Building Relationships, Managing Vendor Negotiations
Project Management utilizing Agile and PMP Processes including CPM, EVMS & Lessons Learned
Information Architecture, Wireframes, User Experience/Interface, Design Concept & Social Networking
Interactive web development and marketing utilizing Social Media and Web 2.0 philosophy
User Experience/Interface, SEO, Google Analytics, Social Networking, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Filemaker Pro, Microsoft Office & Project
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Villanova University, Master Certificate in Applied Project Management July 2009
• Project Management Professional PMP, April 2009
• College for Creative Studies, Detroit MI, Digital Arts: Web Certificate 2008
• Wayne State University, Detroit MI, Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, Geology and Science
• College for Creative Studies, Fine Art -Painting, Industrial Design, Photography 1986-1989
• Weekly Webinars keeping up with Agile and Internet strategies and trends: Adobe, AMA, AIGA, Aquent, PMI-SIG
BlueWater Technologies May 2010-Present
Interactive Media Operations Manager
Manage and guide a talented team of software developers, Creative, IT and project management staff developing cutting-edge interactive audio and video display solutions. Responsibilities include developing workflow processes, resource management and recruiting, team building, strategizing custom software solutions with sales division for Fortune 500 companies.
• Lead teams of programmers, designers and project managers executing over 60 projects concurrently with budgets ranging from 20K to multi-million dollar initiatives that include: product, and application development, along with cutting-edge custom AV installations.
• Developed the Project Management Office that guides over half a dozen project manager developing processes, monitoring project status and budgets.
• Oversaw the implementation of an Infrastructure Virtualization project involving the transformation of twenty-six servers into a virtual/cloud format of three servers with 10Tb capacity serving a multi-million business.
• Strategize with sales team on RFP, procuring outside resources, contractors and managing vendor deliverables.
• Help Desk process development and management of Project Engineer and 5-6 team for Interactive kiosk support.
• Managed IT supervisor and helped to develop internal along with project IT staff.
Dalton Art & Design May, 1995-May, 2010
Interactive Web & Marketing – Producer and Project Manager
This is a full time fully functional Art & Design Studio where I function as a client-facing and creative manager, web developer and marketing specialist for high-end hospitality clientele implementing Web 2.0 trends, social media, e-mail campaigns, photography and manage ad-initiatives.
• Continually had multiple projects that I managed and often hired on other technical resources due to size and complexity, which led me to manage teams of 10 or more vendors and associates to the successful completion of 3-6 projects at a time for small to medium-size enterprise businesses.
• Utilizing Iterative Development/Design Techniques, Agile and PMI methodology, MS Excel/Project.
• Handled all phases of projects for small to medium sized clients that consisted of: initial requirements gathering, technical specifications, architecture, development, testing and deployment of the final product for my clients.
• Technical environment of projects were an iterative process using XHTML, Photoshop, Flash, ActionScript, AJAX, Adobe creative tools, back-end server development using .php and MySQL.
• See Addendum for specific roles in my diverse project list.
Digital Media Project Manager, Campbell-Ewald Advertising Contract: November 2008-January 2009
Online Media for Chevrolet Account. Managed multiple Rich Media Banner initiatives targeting conquest, awareness, retention and segment market share. Responsible for all phases of Project Management Process for In-Market and Lifestyle rich-media banner initiatives including Home Page Take Over, Call To Actions and Model Year Refresh.
• Led teams of 25 or more associates to the successful completion of 7-10 projects simultaneously utilizing PMI methodology, Waterfall process, MS Project and proprietary MS Excel macros.
• Managed vendors in development of rich media banners. Assuring adherence to rich media partner visual & publisher specs including Yahoo, AOL and KBB.
• Managed project scope, monitored risks and oversaw quality assurance of metrics for click-thru paths.
• Point-of-contact and coordination for creative/development staff, multiple vendors and partners.
• Developed SOW, oversaw work start meetings, kept status reports of all phases of implementation including, planning, creative, construction and trafficking.
• Team development incorporated Lessons Learned in relation to executing extremely tight schedules on time-to-market, encouraged team attention to scope, speed and developing quality assurance.
Campbell-Ewald Projects included:
Impala Enhanced Landing Page rich media banners.
Chevy fuel banner re-size project to reduce special-sizing costs.
Silverado rich-media banners value messaging campaigns.
KBB and Yahoo customized construction of banners for spotlights.
Construction of fuel widget coordinating programmers, creative, legal, quality assurance, and vendors
Dalton & Foles Design, Detroit MI January 1982-May 1995
Project Director/Business Manager
Industrial & Urban Design Firm. Coordinated marketing, graphics, photography and development projects including: product, exhibit, interior design, transportation and urban design. Directed and produced multi-image and video productions for support materials. Developed visual concepts and mock-ups for client-related materials.
• Managed teams of 2 to 10 designers/developers ranging in experience from interns to seasoned professionals on medium-scale to multi-million projects.
• Dealt with culture (Japanese) communication issues affecting project scope and increase risk.
• Defined project benchmarks, along with managing project scope creep and all risks in time sensitive projects.
• Set goals and key performance indicator for team members, mentoring and coaching junior designers
• See Addendum for specific roles in the diverse project list.
International Business Experience
• English, native language
• Italian, advance level of speaking, writing, comprehension & translation
Citizenship: USA and Ireland (EU)
International House, Milan Italy March 2007- May 2007
• Tutored Italian business executives from banking and insurance industries in Business English.
• Conducted classes for European executives on American business concepts and practices.
• Past Co-Chairperson, Industrial Designers Society of America, Detroit Chapter
• Fine Artist: fiber sculpture, painting, sculpture. Ranked in top 2% of fiber artists by GSA “Art in Architecture Program”, Washington DC.
Project Addendum - provided upon request.
College for Creative Studies Detroit
Wayne State University
. Commission on Art in Public Places, State of MI Award, WMU Kalamazoo MI
. Madison Office Center Commission Awarded thru state-wide competition
. Ranked in top 2% of fiber artists by GSA, Art in Architecture Program Washington DC