- + Follow
Creative Designer (786) 908-8602
Boca Raton, FL
• 10 plus years’ experience managing product marketing development process for consumer electronics. Designed and developed fans, humidifiers, flashlights, headsets, music dock systems, laptops, military devices, sinks, lavatories, cord management, hand tools, watches, luggage, and soft goods from concept through to successful launch by collaborated effort with cross-functional peers. Which has won Best CES Innovation and Consumer Product of the year Awards.
• Led, conceived and developed new products that was influenced by market function, features sets and desired look focused on standout innovation within the marketplace, retail and resonate with targeted consumers.
• Developed and managed product development market programs across multiple trade channels such as Kmart, Walmart, and Sears’s online and physical retailer space requirements.
• Developed and maintained competitive studies of relevant products and categories for the consumer electronics industry including sleep and relaxation, massage and spa, health and wellness, home repair, tool, travel, automotive and fashion & accessories industry.
• Developed products that was influenced by market performance data such as retail POS, NPD, and Nielsen. This resulted in Alienware M15X, M17X, Lowe’s Gateway Ramp, and 2013 Denon headsets series success.
• Prepared, identified, and delivered presentations to key market customers; Kmart, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, Best Buy, Marshalls, Lord and Taylor, Brookstone, Neiman Marcus, QVC, Bloomindale’s, Kohl’s, Zappos, Sears, Amazon, Macy’s and more.
• Monitored and documented market categories performance and increase profit margin opportunities for existing and new product development.
• Stayed aware of new market innovation trends that created opportunities for products, packaging, and merchandising such as the Lowe’s Ramp Program. Proposed a Customizable Ramp for this program. Ramp offered cross merchandise opportunity with outdoor decking panels already being sold in retail for Baby Boomers. Identified missing market opportunity. Gained the interest of entire merchandising team. Lowe’s rolled this program across all stores nationally.
• Developed cutting edge successful retail consumer products such as Dell Alienware M11X, M15X, M17x, Gateway Customizable Ramp System, and durable garage cabinets for Kobalt Tools brand.
• Communicated with partner factories in Asia through emails, videos, meetings and written documentation that included Drawings, CAD models, and Illustrations to meet projects requirements.
• Meets deadlines, self-motivated with strong multi-task capabilities. Demonstrate management skills that manage vendors, and suppliers; factories, prototype makers, marketing. While focused on product to product task such as creating presentations, email blast, catalog and much more.
- Miami Ad School
- Sep 2009 - Present (4 years 3 months)
Introduced and thought the first Industrial Design program. Created industrial design course outline and final projects.
• Lectured over 15 students
CCO/ CEO/ Freelance
- Bryan Dynamics, Inc.
- May 2006 - Oct 2013 (7 years 5 months)
Founded Bryan Dynamics, Incorporated in 2006. Organized sale channels. Managed Data Feeds. Provides Industrial Designs that expand business. Provided Industrial Design services for a variety of industries, such as consumer electronics, tools, and transportation. Industrial Design services in Strategic Analysis and Planning, Creative Development, Implementation. Formed partnerships with vendors in Asia, US, and Europe. Created operational structures. Registered and formulated business plans, licensing and other operational requirements.
• Recruited, Managed supportive staff.
Rapid Composites/ Klas Telecom Inc., Myakka City, FL
Dibari, Miami, FL
Office Depot, Miami, FL
Klingg, Miami, FL
Forward Industries, West Palm Beach, FL
Iron Bridge Tools, Boca Raton, FL
Denon, Kansas City, Kansas
Hatch Lighting, Tampa, FL
Movado, New Jersey, New Jersey
Moodform, Miami, FL
Fossil, Richardson, TX
Senior Industrial Designer
- Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
- New Britain, CT
- Jan 2013 - Feb 2013 (1 month)
Brands of hand tools. Applied Industrial Design principles and procedures. Reported to Design Manager.
• Demonstrated exceptional creativity and hand tool innovations.
• Developed product roadmap focus on innovation and organic growth.
Senior Industrial Designer
- Aug 2012 - Nov 2012 (3 months)
Manufacturer of a wide range of high quality bath products including lavatories, glass fixtures, bath furniture, vitreous china fixtures and other related products. Created and identified bathroom product market improvement, selected manufacturing materials, and requirements. Applied product marketing principles and procedures.
• Reduced manufacturing financial lost by 50% through CAD testing using Solidworks platform.
VP of Product Development
- Heys USA
- Weston, FL
- May 2012 - Aug 2012 (3 months)
Travel goods manufacturer. Planned and lead all aspects of product development policies, strategies, and goals. Oversees research for new travel and lifestyle fashion products enhancements and redesigns. Ensured that product development aligned with goals. Reported directly to CEO.
• Managed licensing & legal application for patents
Senior Industrial Designer
- Lowe's/ Kobalt Tools
- Charlotte, NC
- May 2010 - Mar 2011 (10 months)
Developed designs for home repair products, complementing engineering, marketing, production and sales departments for Lowe’s focused on big box retail. Created product improvements, selected manufacturing materials, and requirements. Added $500K plus sales revenue by developing an extra Flashlight SKU with program cost saving capital.
• Ramp innovation sold over $15 million dollars in sales
• Received patent.
Senior Industrial Designer
- Austin, TX
- May 2008 - Feb 2010 (1 year 9 months)
Dell Alienware is a United States computer hardware subsidiary of Dell, Inc. Offers for sale rebadged computer peripherals, such as headsets, computer mice, monitors and keyboards. Developed designs for products for Gaming Division, complementing engineering, marketing, production and sales departments. Worked with ODM and OEM in Asia and USA.
• Lead over 30 projects focused on appearance, functionality, innovation.
- Karla Events
- Miami, FL
- Aug 2007 - Dec 2007 (4 months)
Karla Events is a full-service event planning, design, and production firm creating extraordinary events.
Calculated items, enhancements and estimated material and resources. Designed over 30 plus events. Participated in events designs for Miami Art Basel.
• Managed projects budgets & installation team.
- Palvik Design Team
- Miami, FL
- May 2007 - Aug 2007 (3 months)
Exhibit Design Company focused on retail. Developed CAD and renderings of designs for retail space and tradeshows, complementing engineering, marketing, production and sales departments. Reported to VP of Design. Demonstrated creativity and managed design interpretation.
• Managed & updated Material, Book and Magazine Library’s
- College for Creative Studies
- Detroit, MI
- Sep 2002 - May 2006 (3 years 8 months)
Private, fully accredited college that enrolls more 1,400 students pursuing Master of Fine Arts degrees in Interdisciplinary Design, Transportation Design and Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees in Advertising: Copywriting, Advertising: Design, Art Education, Crafts, Entertainment Arts, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Product Design and Transportation Design. Tutored student peers industrial design skills.
• Empowered students by teaching them design skill sets
College for Creative Studies
- Bachelor of Industrial Design with a focus on Transportation Industrial Design
- 2002 - 2006
The College for Creative Studies (CCS), located in midtown Detroit, strives to provide students with the tools needed for successful careers in the dynamic and growing creative industries. CCS fosters students’ resolve to pursue excellence, act ethically, engage their responsibilities as citizens, and learn throughout their lives. Sponsor Intern, Chrysler, Detroit, MI, 01/06-05/06 American automobile manufacturer headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan. A consolidated subsidiary of Fiat. Developed drawings of designs of a Luxury Sedan that defined beauty and modeled a ¼ scaled clay model. Worked, presented and reviewed design proposals with Chrysler design managers. • Projected featured on Car Design News Sponsor Intern, Michelin, Detroit, MI, 09/05-01/06 Tire manufacturer in Clermont-Ferrand in the Auvergne region of France. Developed drawings of designs of a Tweel wheel and SUV Sedan Crossover for California Marketplace. Modeled, and rendered wheel proposal in Alias. Worked, presented and reviewed design proposals with Michelin executive team. • Awarded Michelin Scholarship Intern, American Iron and Steel Institute, Detroit, MI, 05/05-10/05 Influences public policy, educate and shape public opinion to support strong and sustainable in the U.S. and North American steel industry committed to manufacturing products to meet society’s needs. Developed a Porsche sedan for the year 2020 focused on new mobility and steel usage. Involved in research, and material usage selection for vehicle. Made a ¼ model, CNC milled and presented to media and executive team. • Featured at 2006 NAIAS. • Featured in the Detroit Press & Car Design News. Sponsor Intern, PPG Industries, Detroit, MI, 09/04-01/05 American supplier of paints, coatings, optical products, specialty materials, chemicals, glass, and fiber glass. Developed a pickup truck that utilized plastics through research, sketching, engineering drawing and rendering communication and Build a 1/5 scaled model of concept. Presented, reviewed design proposals with PPG executive team. • Storyboarded a new innovative plastics panel application. Sponsor Intern, Angell Manufacturing, Detroit, MI, 09/03-01/04 Crafted authentic decorative aluminum surfaces that combined innovative visual aesthetics with technology advancements and engineering that reveal customer identity. Developed print patterns for automotive interior decorative trimming for PPG plastic pickup project through research, sketching, engineering drawing and rendering communication. Determined market demand, requirements and style that resonated to target market customers. • Learned the benefits and manufacturing process for decorative trimming. Sponsor Intern, Surface Finishing Council, Detroit, MI, 01/04-05/04 Represents businesses interests, technologists and professionals for surface coating industry. Developed a sport sedan that utilized bright finishes for vehicle exterior, interior and engine bay. Performed research, sketching, drafting, rendering and communication. Presented to Surface Finish Council Executive Team. • Learned and applied bright metal usage in automotive industry. Sponsor Intern, PPG Industries, Detroit, MI, 09/03-01/04 American supplier of paints, coatings, optical products, specialty materials, chemicals, glass, and fiber glass. Developed a SUV that reduced rollover and utilized glass safety advancement. Performed research, sketching, drafting rendering and communication. Presented to PPG Industries Executive Team. Built a 1/5 scale automotive clay model of proposal. • Storyboarded vehicle full structural function.
Design & Architecture Senior High School
- Industrial Design High School Diploma Industrial Design
- 1998 - 2002
Design and Architecture Senior High School (DASH) is a magnet secondary school in the heart of the Design District in Miami, Florida, United States. US News & World Report ranked DASH as the 15th best public high school in the nation in 2009 and 16th best in 2012. Intern, Eduardo Duval Carrie, 05/01-09/01, Miami, FL Haitian-born American painter and sculptor borne in Port-au-Prince. His family immigrated to Puerto Rico while he was a child during the François Duvalier regime. Kept office organized, and prepared all artist materials. • Increased operation by 67%. Workshop, Campana Brother, Miami, FL, 01/00-05/01 Two Brazilian designers that are brothers who make furniture made of ordinary materials including scrap and waste products such as cardboard, rope, cloth and wood scraps, plastic tubes and aluminum wires. Collaborated with their design effort. • Chair fabricated.