I have been working in the design industry since graduating from the Kansas City Art Institute in 1991, with a BFA in Design/Illustration. I specifically have been working in the Broadcast Television Design industry for over 12 years. As an experienced "Emmy Award" winning Broadcast/Graphic Designer I am proficient with After Effects, Cinema 4DXL, Photoshop, Final Cut Studio Pro, Illustrator, Combustion, Commotion, DecoCast and various other Mac and PC software.
6324 Humboldt South
Richfield, Minnesota 55423
Emmy Award Winner, Best of Show Decagon Awards 2007, Best Commercial Decagon Award 2007, WB Froggy Award, K.C. Art Directors Gold Awards, K.C Art Directors Silver Awards, Gannet Outdoor Billboard Grand Prize Winner
Recent Work Reel:http://www.youtube.com/user/Tbbdsp?feature=mhw5 - p/u/2/JMTY7IGUixo
Combo Reel Link: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tbbdsp - p/u/1/zSVpCIFzpKk
Older Reel Link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1332785285259147364&pr=goog-sl
NBA Minnesota Timberwolves/Lynx (Minneapolis, MN): 04.15.08 – 07.19.11
Senior Creative of Motion Design
• Lead creative for all broadcast motion and 3D projects for the Broadcast Department.
• Duties include creating animations for In-Game Presentation for the client sponsorship and branding using the Center hung digital display and 360 LED display.
• Responsible for creating animations for all digital motion displays within the arena.
• Responsible for the oversight of all in arena animation for the consistency of branding for the Minnesota Timberwolves (NBA) and the Minnesota Lynx (WBNA)
• Responsible for the creation of on-air broadcast elements for in-game branding and corporate sponsorships.
• Live In-Arena Game production using Deko,Thunder & DTVI
Recent Freelance: 10.01.07 – 04.15.08
• ShaveFX (Richmond, VA):
After Effects animation production for Spike TV’s animated series “The TEAM” Episode 3.
• WBDT-TV Madison’s CW (Madison, WI):
After Effects Animation for lower third animation for Charter Communications spot.
• Acme Television (St. Louis, MO):
Created graphic design for Corporate business stationary.
• The Daily Buzz (Winter Park, FL):
• Installation & Training of Final Cut Pro/After Effects Mac Systems for the On-Air Promotion Creative team and Editors.
• Treasures & Insight (Provo, UT):
Creation of Logo for On-line store.
Acme Communications L.L.C. (St. Louis, Mo.): 07.15.99 - 07.01.07
Senior Corporate Graphic Artist /Broadcast Designer
• Responsible for Graphics, Animation & Print Design for 10 CW, (formerly WB Television stations) and 1 MNT FOX Affiliate, (formerly UPN station); -WBXX (East Tennessee CW), WBDT (Dayton’s CW), WIWB (Wisconsin CW), KWBQ (NEW MEXICO’S CW), WBUW (Madison’s CW), WBUI (Decatur, Champaign, Fox Cites CW), WTVK (Fort Myers, FL CW), KPLR (St. Louis _WB). KWBP (Portland’s, OR_ WB), KUWB (Utah’s WB), KASY (NEW MEXICOS My Network TV50) and “The Daily Buzz”, a News and Weather syndicated show.
• Duties include; creation of Promotional Graphic Animations, Station ID's, News Opens & Graphics, Logo Designs & Animation, Print Design, Outdoor Creative, Vehicle Wraps, Network Packaging, Holiday Promotional Ids, Station Branding, Commercial Productions, Weather Graphics, Presentation Graphics, Web Graphics & 3D Animation/Modeling.
• Art Direction & Design of multiple creative projects, (broadcast animation & print), from conception to the completion.
• The Art Direction, Creation, Management, & Project Coordination of all Out-Door Syndicated Signage, Mall Banners, and Vehicle Wraps for the entire company including “The Daily Buzz,” – a News and Weather syndicated show.
• Responsible for Multi-Station branding of Graphic enhancements and Animation of network packages for the entire station group.
• Responsible for the Coordination of Projects between Clients, Creative Directors, Promotion Managers, Editors, Sales, Executive Management and the Corporate Graphics Department.
• Responsible for the Corporate Graphics Department in the absence of the Vice President of On-Air Design.
• Responsible for the IT maintenance/upgrades and ordering of software and supplies for Mac Workstations.
WB11 KPLR TV; Koplar Communications L.L.C. (St. Louis, Mo.): 10.05.95 – 07.15.99
Motion Broadcast/Graphic Designer
• Responsible for Graphics, Animation & Print Design for Koplar Enterprises which included KPLR-TV,
• WORLD EVENTS L.L.C. (a Syndicated Animation Distributor) and TEAM 11 Entertainment;
• Duties included creating design for Sales, Promotions, Outdoor, and Print for KPLR-TV and all company auxiliaries.
• Responsible for the oversight of all Pre-press checks, final completion, and budgeting on all designed projects.
• Animation and design of On-Air Promotion and station branding which included working with clients such as the
• St. Louis Cardinals (MLB) and the St. Louis Blues (NHL).
• Creating “Emmy” Award Winning Animations, Graphics, and Over the Shoulders for the Nightly Newscast.
Southwestern Bell Creative Services (Fairfax, VA.); Graphic Designer for interactive cable services.
Roland House Post Production/Image Box (Crystal City, VA.); Graphic Designer for Multimedia video.
04.26.93 (Contract Freelancer)
Capitol Multimedia Design (Washington, D.C.); Motion Broadcast Designer for commercial production.
04.11.92 (Contract Freelancer)
Forsight Inc. (Maryland); Graphic Designer, Illustrator, and Animation for Compact Disc Interactive, CD Rom and Video Graphics presentations.
03.11.92 (Contract Freelancer)
Cap-Disc Interactive (Washington, D.C); Graphic Designer, Illustrator, & Animation for Compact Disc Interactive, and CD-ROM games.
University Of The District of Columbia; Graphic Design Department;(Wash., D.C.) Teacher's assistant: Duties included teaching class in Macintosh Computer Design & Art Appreciation.
Department of Human Services; Audio Visual Printing Services: (Washington, D.C.)
Graphic Designer: designed in-house publications.
Software & Skills;
Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Cinema 4DXL, Final Cut Pro Studio, Indesign, Adobe Premiere, Quark Express, Combustion, Commotion Pro, DTVI, Pinnacle Thunder, Pinnacle Dekocast, Pinnacle Post DekoLite, Pinnacle Deko Central, Media 100, Chyron Graphics, Boris Effects, Primatte Keyer, Microsoft Word. Scanning, File conversion, image editing, file transfer, System Maintenance and Storage, and backup. Illustration Techniques: Oil Painting, Acrylic Painting, Pastels, Rendering, Production Work, and Storyboarding.
Kansas City Art Institute (Kansas City, Missouri)
BFA in Design/Illustration
Broadcast Design Association, National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
Doug Gealy_ President & Chief Operating Officer of ACME Television - St. Louis, MO.
Contact info: (w) 314-989-0566 (c) (314) 306-1376
Mike Mingroni_ former VP of Design of ACME Television - St. Louis, MO. Contact info: (c) 314-288-5677
Ron Kilkenny _ Art Director KPLR_TV CW11 Tribune Broadcasting - St. Louis, MO.
Contact info: (w) 314-447-1111 E-mail:RKilkenny@Tribune.com
Mike Pranka_ Toffco Industries, - St. Louis, MO.
Contact info: (w) 314-454-9966
Jeff Bartell_ WIWB-TV Promotion Manager,- GreenBay, Wisconsin
Contact Info: (w) 920- 983-9014
Stan Gill_ VP and General Manager of KWBQ/KASY-TV, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Contact info: (w) 505-797-1919