Artist & muralist (real world). Computer graphics designer (virtual). I create visual "things" - murals, pictures, websites, faux finishes, photography. Bicycle and roller skating enthusiast
Tim Wygal Graphic Designer, Signmaker & Illustrator
1772 Prairie Circle, Lexington, KY 40515
Online resume: http://www.timsartcreations.com/tim%20wygal%20resume.html
• Sign design, production & customer service.
• Computer graphics, website design, & illustration.
• Sign prototype development, building, & production.
• Logo design & development.
• Murals & special effects painting.
• Digital photo restoration, and photography (digital+film).
• Corel Draw (15 yr.), Adobe Illustrator CS2-3 (2 yr.).
• Adobe PhotoShop (version 4-6) seven years.
• Adobe Illustrator-PhotoShop, CS2 and CS3 two years.
• Signmaking softwares including Flexi-Sign eighteen years.
• Vinyl graphics cutting and installation for over 20 yrs.
• Large format printing, lamination and installation.
• Lighting, neon, fluorescent & LED knowledge.
• Office software, Email, Internet, MS Word, .PDF, Power Point, Excel.
• Surveys combined with CAD. In field, collected and blueprint.
• Manage and train personnel.
• CNC Router plates for cutting various materials into letters and structures.
• Computer maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Prior experience with Mac.
• Excellent drawing and concept skills, realistic, perspective, illustrations.
• Sales experience, pricing, ordering materials, production & job installation.
• Designed signs and structures for presentation and production with lighting specifications.
• Artistic painting in any style from primitive to photographic quality.
• Photography for presentation, documentation, events & portrait. Film & digital.
• Consulting and training for design, sign-making, airbrush, & pictorial painting.
• Silk-screening from hand cut stencils to light sensitive emulsions for printing
t-shirts, stall cards, posters, bumper stickers, mouse pads, glass and wood signs.
WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS:
• International Calligraphy seminar LetterForum in Washington DC.
• Two Mike Stevens Design three-day workshops.
• Letterheads (Sign trade organization), national and regional trade meets spanning over twenty years. Hosted several locally.
• Noel Webber’s Glass & Gold Leaf workshop in Lansing MI.
• Lexington Computer Club.
• Many trade & specialized training workshops for painted finishes, large format printing & graphic computer applications.
• Contributor to SignCraft Magazine and profiled in November 1992.
• Designed Award-winning letter style for Chartpak competition 1985.
• Placed in national Signs of the Times magazine twice.
• Pictures and mentions in Sign Business Magazine.
• Two painted reproductions in Signs of the Times and published with other contributors’ work in the book Atkinson's Plates Reproduced in Color. Originals donated to American Sign Museum in Cincinnati, OH.
Active participant or director in numerous art projects including:
• Graphics at opening of Children’s Museum in Lexington.
• Contracted to paint realistic cloud painting at Hyatt Regency in Memphis, TN.
• Traveled to Saratoga, NY, Hialeah and Miami, FL to do race track and
Horse sales related sign and graphic work.
• Many on site paintings billboards, murals and special faux finishes for businesses and residences locally, New York, Florida, Atlanta, GA, Tennessee.
Graduate of New Albany high school 1970. President of art club.
Louisville School of Art scholarship, attended one year.
Advanced photography classes through Lafayette Adult Education.
Club member of New Horizons computer training center for two years. Advanced classes in Corel, Adobe PhotoShop, MS Word, Excel, Internet, Macintosh, and others.
• Kentucky Wraps & Nicholasville Signs______________ Present
• Admart Custom Signage_________________________2007 - 2009
• Ruggles Sign Co.______________________________ 2001 - 2006
• Alpha Sign & Art (Self)__________________________2000 - 2001
• Dimensional Signs______________________________1997 - 1999
• Eventions Party Planning/Compugraphics ___________1994 - 1997
• Eagle Signs___________________________________1993-1994
• Popeye Signs_________________________________1989-1991
• 1973-1989 Graphic contracted projects, Ruggles Signs, Thorough Graphic Signs, Jim Johnson Signs, Apollo Signs in Nashville TN, and White Signs.
View my pictures, portfolio and resume in person or
preview electronically. Ask for photographs or examples of work you would like to see.