- + Follow
Graphic + Structural (w/environment!) Production Artist
Creative production artist with a wide array of experiences ranging from small and crafty to grand format and highly complex. I've many years' experience in collateral, signage, exhibit, structural and environmental production and design, with a thorough understanding of the background processes and needs to create finished products. Having worked side-by-side with other conceptual artists, detailers, print vendors, designers and installers, has given me stronger realistic creativity.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite CS4, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and some Flash.
- Modeling, rendering, dynamics and animation in Blender3d, Lightwave and experience in a variety of other 3d packages.
- Versed in technical drawing (SolidWorks 2009, TurboCad, traditional), with an extensive understanding of materials, methods and production for large format graphics applications, collateral, packaging, and some internet content generation.
- Logical management design of graphic assets, production, archival and networking, with searchable database creation, etc.
- PowerPoint and presentation creation experience, template creation etc.
- Comfortable with standard use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Skilled in visual communication techniques: production art, interactive content & detailed drawings to conceptual renderings / illustrations.
- Accustomed to working within a team to accomplish goals from start to finish, as demonstrated by many successful projects completed for companies such as Microsoft, Nintendo, Walt Disney, BestBuy, Cadaco, Cambell's, Tropicana, Boeing, GE, Cisco, as well as many smaller businesses.
- Comfortable with tight deadlines and juggling multiple projects simultaneously; creative problem-solving.
- Intimate knowledge of graphic processes and vendor requirements for production & prototyping.
Reader-Ship Educational Press 5/09-9/09
Hong Kong Multimedia Designer, English Teacher
Helped develop the framework for web and multimedia (DVD) interactive content.
Taught English for classes of ages 4 through 15.
Assisted in creation of lesson plans and multimedia content strategizing and web site planning.
R.E.I. [contract] 10/08 –2/09
Kent, WA (USA) Designer
Graphic design production on quarterly, seasonal and other catalogs, as well as signage and illustrative work.
Costco Wholesale Packaging Graphics Group [contract] 8/08 –9/08
Issaquah, WA (USA) Graphic Designer
- Graphic design and production with a variety of project types, including language localizations and design.
Walt Disney Internet Group 2/08 - 6/08
Seattle, WA Production Artist (contract pos.)
- Graphic and photographic work as related to www.movies.com and soapnet.com web sites, including:
- Site content research and cataloging for movies, studios, actors, releases, photo editing.
- Flash layout, image retouching, format, compression and website content migration in conjunction with proprietary software.
- Time-sensitive communication needs fulfillment with studio liaison, editors, site manager, breaking news, etc.
Fitch 2/06 - 11/07
Seattle, WA Production Designer
- Worked with other designers, production staff and client services to see projects from start to finish.
- Helped create, design, track, and produce complex projects, including large photographic libraries, exhibits, and collateral projects.
- Managed the signage design & production of multiple conferences, including appearance, location / mapping, content, approvals and proofing.
- Created concept renderings for conferences, P.O.P. displays, and exhibits.
- Assisted print production with materials choices, large-format installation and hanging options.
ImagiCorps, Inc. 4/00 - 11/05
Redmond, WA Designer, Graphic Artist
- Handled research, budgeting and communications between client, ImagiCorps and production vendors.
- Concept, design and production: Exhibit/trade show graphics packages, P.O.P. Displays, lobby murals, print promotions, and interactives.
- Provided all in-house support for retouching, compositing, color and finish proofing, including SPOT, Process, digital and photographic outputs, and real-world materials matching.
- Created marketing and promotional materials.
- Assisted on-site installations of printed graphic murals, video displays and large printed vehicle wraps.
Pear Design 4/99-12/99
Chicago, IL Digital Artist, Package Design
- Responsible for all aspects of digital imaging.
- Illustrated new ideas and modified existing illustrations.
- Prototyped (ï¿½compedï¿½) new package designs in-house.
- Assisted in reformat of existing foreign packaging for U.S. Import and print.
- Computer networking and file management.
Nomadic Display 1/95 - 1/99
Elmhurst, IL Designer, Senior Designer
- Design and production of trade show booths and graphics packages.
- Helped build, orchestrate and manage on-site large-format ink jet graphics printing, lamination and mounting for trade show and lobby use.
- Created 3D renderings of trade show booths, helping build a library of 3D models.
- Helped transform a one-person design department into a three-person
design & production facility.
- Assisted in management of two other designers.
BCC ï¿½ Bellevue, WA
- General and Engineering Studies (2008- )
Columbia College ï¿½ Chicago, IL & Paris, France
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Columbia College, January 1999 (GPA 3.8/4.0)
- School of Visual Concepts : InDesign, intermediate course (Seattle, 2007)
- InDesign User Group: joined 2006
- SIGGRAPH (special interest group for graphics and animation): joined 2007
- Blender3d: 2006
- Active in the fine arts.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office applications and use.
- Experienced with Apple, Windows, and Linux platforms.
- Achieved and maintains technical fluency in the French language.
Columbia College Chicago