- + Follow
Photographer & Graphic Designer
Jack of ‘many’ trades and all-around creative-type who tends to ’slightly’ embellish things. I am a Texas (Dallas) based photographer specializing in weddings and engagements in addition to some occasional (on the side) design work and blogging. I take my work seriously. I have limitless passion for what I do. I am always open to new opportunities. Please give me a shout, I'd love to hear from you!
Vann Piazza | 2010
Independent Freelancer [Dallas, TX | May 2003 – Present]
Photographer and Graphic Designer
• Entrepreneurship: Created a personally branded business from scratch based on self-learned skills including principles of photography, graphic design, visual media direction and networking. Successfully turned business to be profitable within 1 year with no help from outside subsidization.
• Advertising and Marketing: Constructed web sites, logos, business cards and visual media for each client based on specific needs and company visions. One such campaign included a complete brand image overhaul including a new logo, website and all new photography which ultimately led to widespread local social scene and media recognition within the Houston fashion sector.
• Client Relations: Established strong personal relationships with clients by producing effective marketing campaigns and re-branding strategies to boost each individual’s local and online market presence.
Panalpina, Inc. [Dallas, TX | March 2009 – May 2010]
• Process engineering and system efficiencies development: Reviewed and scrutinized internal process flow for key accounts to correct issues, improve data integrity and cut costs by saving time. Example: Presented key findings regarding current data entry processes for a single key account that reduced process time by 6 hours through EDI stream adjustments, proper utilization of system capabilities and better understanding of customer needs.
• Key account management: Developed and maintained client relationships by seeking out specific needs before ultimately working together with managers, third party vendors and the customers to secure continuing business.
• Systems and reporting visual enhancement: Assisted with user interface design enhancement within MS Excel, PowerPoint and other systems.
• International Trade: Experienced handling operations and customer service from origin to destination for ocean import cargo for ~30 accounts.
Gulf Winds International [Houston, TX | May 2006 – March 2009]
Marketing, Media and Systems Admin Specialist
• Special projects and presentations: Conceptualized, designed and printed client-specific booklets for several fortune 500 companies which aided in successfully closing new business.
• Advertising graphics: Produced custom brochures, informational pamphlets, billboard designs and E-mail banners to increase brand awareness.
• Systems administration: Salesforce.com setup, internal integration, development, staff training and assistance for eight users which aided in company-wide visualization of sales team strategies, lead-generation, marketing campaign effectiveness and sales team accomplishments.
• Database management: Developed and captured all internal metrics for sales leads, existing and new accounts, closed sales and provided comprehensive data integrity monitoring and maintenance.
• Domestic Trade: Experienced handling operations, sales and customer service for domestic supply chain management needs including warehousing and inventory services, port/rail to door transportation services and 3rd party logistics.
South Point Nissan [Austin, TX | December 2005 – May 2006]
Sales & Leasing Consultant
• Client Relations: Developed and maintained several client relationships by seeking out each individual’s specific needs before ultimately working together with fellow consultants, managers and 3rd party vendors to close sales.
• Certification and Knowledge: Passed full product line certification exam with 100% score
Technical & Creative Proficiency
• Marketing and Branding
• Advertisement Design
• Problem Solving
• Idea Generation
• SEO Optimization
• Web Design
• Professional Photography
• Logo and Identity Design
• Online Trend Research
• Photo Retouching
• Page Layout
• Adobe Photoshop CS5
• Adobe Illustrator CS5
• Adobe InDesign CS5
• Adobe Dreamweaver CS5
• Adobe Bridge CS5
• Adobe Lightroom 2.5
• Adobe Acrobat 9
• Microsoft Word 2007
• Microsoft Excel 2007
• Microsoft PowerPoint 2007
• Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7
• Google Chrome
• Mozilla Firefox
• Microsoft Internet Explorer
• Various Social Networking Platforms
Texas State University | San Marcos, TX
• Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing
Southwest Texas University (San Marcos)