- + Follow
Designer / Innovation / Sport / Fashion
New York, NY
New York, NY
Footwear Designer with 15 years of experience. I have a clear understanding of the fast changing global marketplace. Professional experience includes product design and development in: performance footwear including projects for professional athletes as well as fashion footwear including retro, casual and sport-casual styles for men and women.
KENNETH COLE REACTION
Utilizing an extensive background in design and production working with factories in Europe, Asia, Central and South America. Following the sketch, design, technical sketch, development, material specs, fit, and sampling processes for various fashion and accessory brands. Providing an organized system that streamlines the design and production processes and simplifies the factory interaction reducing the production costs.
• Worked closely with marketing team and athletes to design and develop performance footwear.
• Created image boards and cultural studies to form trends.
• Closely involved with development to create new materials and technologies.
• Developed design packages which included draftings, line drawings, perspective and computer renderings.
Responsible for designing all categories of women's footwear: dress, casual, athletic, and seasonal products. Combining Italian sourcing and leather development with Asian production, while adhering to the design and merchandising standards of internal sales teams, buyers, and Kenneth Cole Corporate.
Created, operated and owned design consultancy that focused on Design, Sport Style, and Perf Innovation for the leading brands in the footwear industry and product world.
• Create and lead the seasonal stories including product design, color, graphics, and materials.
• Apply insights from a consumer perspective into all product design and strategic creations.
• Finalize tech packages and proactively follow the execution of all product details, including construction, color, form, style, detail, fit performance and cost/value requirements.
Responsible for designing the full line of Avirex and Polo product though all size ranges and categories of footwear: casual, dress, athletic, and seasonal products. Demonstrating a clear understanding of merchandising/line building through a strong command for color and key seasonal trends.
Responsible for implementing new design and material concepts, and following projects through the entire creation and revision process. Taking part in proactive material, color, and technology exploration as well as addressing and interpreting trends that can impact the children's athletic market.