Feature films, futuristic shoes, action figures, small electronics...all experiences I've enjoyed in my 6 internships for school.
While working at Tippett Studio as a roto artist I had the opportunity to work on two films for release in the summer of 2001: Dreamworks' "Evolution" and Warner Bros.' "Cats & Dogs." During my Adidas internship I was able to design a futuristic football shoe for a newspaper feature in "USA Today." I also had a lot of fun designing the Kidz Remote and other products while working for Zoe Design Associates in San Francisco. Finally, at Hasbro, I designed the deco for several Batman and Transformer lines for 2000.
My sketching/drawing and Photoshop skills are strong and I feel comfortable using Unix, Windows 2000 or MacOS systems.
JOSHUA S. VIERS
339 Probasco St Apt. #2, Cincinnati, OH 45220
· 1/01 to 3/01: Roto Artist, Tippett Studio, Berkeley, CA. Duties: Rotoscoping, wire/rig removal and digital film restoration for Dreamwork's "Evolution" and Warner Bros.' "Cats & Dogs"
· 6/00 to 9/00: Design Intern, Adidas International, Portland, OR. Duties: sketching, rendering, primary designer on futuristic concept developed for “USA Today” & Superbowl
· 1/00 to 3/00: Design Intern, Zoe Design Associates, San Francisco, CA. Duties: sketching, rendering, brainstorming, and drawing/Photoshop instruction for other interns. Designs for Motorola (USA), NEC (USA), Nuvomedia (USA), Siemens (Germany), Kessel (China)
· 6/99 to 9/99: Design Intern, Zoe Design Associates, San Francisco, CA. Duties: same task set for both co-op sessions
· 1/99 to 4/99: Design Intern, Hasbro Toy Group, Cincinnati, OH. Duties: presentation rendering, sculpting inputs, concept sketching, quick renderings for color studies, re-deco of existing product, brainstorming, responsible for color scheme and pattern of “Transformers” toy line for 2000, and three different “Batman” lines (all currently in production)
· 6/98 to 9/98: Design Intern, Hasbro Toy Group, Cincinnati, OH. Duties: same task set for both co-op sessions
· 7/94 to 9/94;7/95 to 9/95;7/96 to 9/96: Production Assistant, Rocket Science Games Inc., San Francisco, CA. Duties: organization of media stock and reference library, production/ marketing coordination with “Obsidian”, “Rocket Jockey” and “Pest”, Information Services Assistant, focus group organization
Adobe Photoshop 5.5, Alias, Adobe Illustrator 8.0, brief experience with Autodesk Animator Studio and 3D Studio Max
Dean’s List, University of Cincinnati
·6/01: will graduate University of Cincinnati with Bachelor of Science in Design
Senior in Industrial Design, college of Design Architecture Art and Planning,
University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
3.3 cumulative GPA
·5/95: graduated Valparaiso High School
1999 to present, President of IDSA University of Cincinnati student chapter
1997 to present, student representative for Industrial Design class of 2001
1995 to 1996, student representative for Valentine’s Day Art Show
1995 to 1996, University of Cincinnati Rowing Club