I would like to briefly introduce myself as Vipul Desai, a Graduate Diploma holder in Product Design from IILM School of Design and have been working in the industry for over three years now. I have been working in proximity with various people in different teams of different divisions of the companies, giving me an invaluable exposure across various fields of design and engineering.
• Currently working as a freelancer design professional.
• Worked at Innovate Knowledge Solutions Ahmedabad as Product Designer from 1st October 2008 to 28th March 2010.
• Few Projects – Design and execution of “My Delhi” Information Kiosk at Chief Minister’s House New Delhi, Design and execution of Coriander Health Café, Noida, Sheet metal furniture for Arvindo Fabnoplast Faridabad, Micro Wind Turbine Research, Vertical Centrifuge Redesign, Bus Washing System, Public Aquariums at Bilaspur, Golf Accessories for Kensville Ahmedabad and others.
• Six months Diploma Project of Micro Wind Turbine from 10th April 2008 – 30th September 2008 at Innovate Knowledge Solutions, Ahmedabad.
• Pursuing Four years Under Graduate Diploma from School of Design, IILM Institute for Higher Education, Gurgaon (Haryana).
• 10+2 with Commerce and Maths, Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, Lodhi Road, New Delhi in 2004.
• 10th from St. Joseph’s College, Nainital in 2002.
SUMMER INTERNSHIP DURING UGD PROGRAM
Company : USHA SRIRAM LEXUS
Project Title : To redesign heat convector.
Objective : To study various processes involved in manufacturing
sheet metal and plastic components and then
redesigning a heat convector and cooler switch panels
Duration : 15th June 2007 – 31st July 2007
PROJECT UNDERTAKEN DURING UGD PROGRAM
• Redesigning of Subhiksha‘s inclusive and exclusive mobile stores.
• Basics - MS Office XP (Word, PowerPoint, FrontPage).
• Adobe Photoshop CS
• Autodesk 3ds Max
• V-ray for 3ds Max
• Alias Sketchbook Pro
• Rhinoceros 4
• Corel Draw X4
• Hypershot for Rhinoceros
• V-ray for Rhinoceros
• Concept building and improvisation
• Workshop skills
• Concept Modeling in 3D software(s)
EXTRACURRICULAR & CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Participated in an event DOORS OF PERCEPTION (JUICE) organized by Center for Knowledge Society (CKS) in year 2007 as a Scenography team member.
• Participated in a one-day workshop with Bastar craftsmen at Surajkund Crafts Mela, Haryana.
• Attended design camp, I-Mission, A Kirloskar initiative at Pune in 2007.
• Turnkey Project of Delhi Natural History Information Kiosk at Chief Minister’s House Interpretation Centre Delhi in 2010.
• Assisted Mr. Bhaskar Bhatt in a 12 days course at NID for 4th year UG Furniture Design Batch for teaching scratch building techniques in 2009.
• Assisted Mr. Bhaskar Bhatt at NID for 4th Year UG Product Design Batch for Nature and Form course in 2009.
• Assisted Mr. Bhaskar Bhatt at NID for 4th Year UG Product Design Batch for Packaging Design course in 2009.
• Attended CHEMTEC India at Mumbai as the spokesperson for research information and first generation prototype of micro-wind turbine on behalf of Innovate Knowledge Solutions, Ahmedabad and Oriental Manufacturers Pvt. Limited, Vadodara (a division of Rs 300 crore turnover Bakubhai Ambalal) in 2009.