- + Follow
Graphic Designer/Visual Artist
My name is Vonetta Flowers. I have 12 years of experience in graphic communications and marketing. I like to be versatile for whatever fits the client. I believe in incorporating creativity in what I do, as I come from a visual art background. My expertise ranges from corporate to trendy/urban. I would love to be your designer!
To design for a progressive company where my skills can be used to the upmost to benefit the company and my professional development.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Visual Communications (2009)
Digital Design Concentration
American InterContinental University-Dunwoody, Atlanta, GA
Associate of Fine Arts in Visual Communications (1998)
Graphic Design Concentration
Art Institute of Atlanta-Atlanta, GA
Chameleon Design & Art Atlanta, GA
05/08 - present
Freelance Design for corporate & small business
Accident Injury Centers of Atlanta Atlanta, GA
Graphic Designer/Marketing Representative
06/10 - 05/12
• Design and create marketing materials for external and internal use for 8 chiropractic, medical and physiotherapy clinics.
• Create HTML email campaigns for patient communication and retention.
• Building patient relationships with quality control calls.
• Responsible for tracking all television advertising statistics.
The Ciderhouse Inc. Atlanta, GA
Expressive Therapy Coordinator
07/08 – 09/10
• Lead Expressive Arts Therapy classes for youth in various Atlanta Public and private schools
• Also working with adults, who are dealing with substance abuse and transgender issues
• Has experience working with autistic & schizophrenic adults & children
Art On 5 Art Gallery Atlanta, GA
Art Director/Executive Assistant
07/05 – 09/10
• Art direction and designing of marketing materials using Photoshop, Illustrator InDesign, Dreamweaver and Flash.
• Supervise interns, coordinate everyday duties in the gallery.
• Conduct art sales.
• Coordinator & assistant instructor for children’s art classes.
• Coordinate vendors such as printers, and manage vendor costs. • Write and visually create sponsorship proposals.
Teldar Staffing Marietta, GA
Web Designer/Search Engine Optimization Specialist
03/2010 (1-month contract position)
• Create content for multiple websites for the heating and air conditioning industry.
• Optimize websites for SEO top performance and keyword optimization.
• Create graphics optimized for the web.
• Ensure sites are compliant with web standards and mulitiple browser compatibility.
Apple Inc. Atlanta, GA
08/09 - 12/09
• Provide amazing, personalized shopping experiences to each and every customer educating them on the newest Apple technology and relaying “Techno Speak” into layman’s terms
• Inspire a new generation of Apple enthusiasts with Apple training and support services.
• Building Customer Relationships
• 72% customer complete solution sales rate - 20% above store goal
Atlanta, GA 07/04 - 06/05
• Design corporate marketing media pieces using InDesign, Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator Dreamweaver and Flash.
• Handling daily maintenance of the Superior Essex corporate website.
• Create multimedia CD presentations for use by sales for tradeshows.
• Tracked performance results from website statistics.
• Reported to Director and Vice President of Marketing.
Communication Specialist 09/00 - 10/03
• Design, create and produce creative media pieces and provider directories. using Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark and Pagemaker.
• Created digital business cards and package designs, i.e; toothbrush packaging.
• Responsible for creation of monthly newsletter using Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Reported to Vice President of Marketing.
Create marketing materials specializing in small startup businesses since 2005
Also created countless flyers, websites and email blasts for event promotion
PUBLICATIONS, AWARDS, and MEMBERSHIPS
Good News Magazine
Credits for image work.
The Cider House Inc. Non profit agency; Secretary.
Adobe: Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver HTML/XHTML, CSS
Analytical Software Packages:
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
Art Applications:Traditional and digital illustration, graphic design, web design, and flash design
Art Institutes International