- + Follow
Landscape Architecture entry level employment
I am honest and hard working. One of my greatest strengths is my integrity, which I strive to infuse into everything that I do. I learn things quickly and enjoy working on a wide range of tasks because every job will teach me something new. My work background and coursework have supplied me with many skills and an understanding of Landscape Architecture.
• Experienced in CADD, Micro-Station, Photoshop, In Design, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Arc GIS
• Familiar with construction applications (SHPO and Variance appeal) and cost estimates
• Experienced with MDOT standards and calculating clear vision areas for roadways
• Familiar with grading, cut and fill, drainage systems, and road alignments
• Experienced with residential and commercial landscape design and community planning
• Understanding of client’s needs and desires and how to fulfill them
• Hard and dedicated worker
• Grasps new ideas and formats quickly
• Work well with others and is a good listener
• Responsible and self-motivated
• Sense of humor
• Able to work on multiple tasks at once, as well as prioritize
• 2002-2007 BLA in Landscape Architecture, Michigan State University
• 1998-2002 High School Diploma, Homer High School, Homer, Michigan
• July 2007-Present Day, Graduate Landscape Architect, Lehman & Lehman, Inc.
I work as a designer. My responsibilities include using CADD to produce masterplans, streetscape designs, parking lot layouts, trail layouts, planting and construction details, base maps and construction documents. In addition I work in Photoshop to render master plans, use Excel to calculate cost estimates, develop site analyzes and fulfill various office tasks.
• Summer of 2006-Present Day, Photoshop Designer, Small Town Design Initiative
I work as a designer. My responsibilities include using Photoshop to create before and after images for communities throughout Michigan. Typically, I create between twenty and thirty images for each community, including night time and holiday after images.
• Summer of 2006, Landscape Architecture Intern, Rowe Incorporated
I worked as a co-op. My responsibilities included working in CADD and Micro-Station to create base maps, streetscape designs, planting details, landscape designs and engineering details. In addition, I worked on calculating cost estimates, completing office tasks, meeting with clients, in field measurements, selecting street furniture, signage designs, calculating clear vision areas, SHPO application, Variance Appeal application, MDOT projects, staking of trees, presentation boards, and punch lists.
• Summers of 2002-2005, Seasonal Employee, Kellogg’s Battle Creek Plant
I ran a multiple-machine cereal packing line. I worked side by side with full time employees and ensured only quality cartons left the factory and in a timely manner with the least amount of waste possible. In addition I helped on clean ups, drove fork lifts and transporters and fulfilled any other available jobs.
ACTIVITIES, HOBBIES AND INTERESTES
• ASLA Member
• School City of Mishawaka Mentoring Program Volunteer
• K.A.R.E. (Katrina Agricultural & Coastal ResourcesExperience) Volunteer
• Study Abroad in Europe, March-May of 2006
• Sigma Lambda Alpha member
• Avid kayaker
• Passionate motorcycle rider
• Outdoor enthusiast and environmentalist
• Interested in parks and playgrounds
• Former Michigan State University Landscape Architecture Club member
• Former Michigan State University Landscape Architecture Club Executive Committee Secretary
• Former 4th Year Landscape Architecture Class Representative
Michigan State University