With a long standing experience of hands on approach to design, entrepreneurial skills and business education in the USA, I aspire to bring about a synthesis of design-thinking and business management.
New Delhi 110048
+91 9868500558 - mobile
+91 11 2461.6137 - work
To contribute continuously with my creative efforts and skills, ultimately adding value and making a difference.
· Assisted Mr. Steve McCurry, National Geographic Society photographer – 1983
· Photography for the President’s Body Guard of India, Guidon presentation AV presided by the Queen of England – 1983
· Architectural photography for the Government of India, ‘Festival Of India’ exhibition
at L’ecole des Beaux Art, Paris – 1984.
· Assistant to Mr. Shantanu Sheorey, Producer/Director of commercials – 1986-88
· Photography for the Washington Post and other newspapers and magazines – 1990
· Innovation in the Hand-made paper industry in India – 1994
· Marketing Communications for horseback and polo holidays – 1998
· Team member with San Francisco TV show on the Indian-American community – 2000
· Internship and experience at Pat & Monty Robert’s Flag is Up Farms, California – 2001
· Marketing Communications for US polymer company POLY-CARB, Ohio – 2003
· Tenure with adventure travel company Tiger Paw Adventures – 2004
Work Experience (by major projects/activities)
2004 - current
· Marketing and corporate communications direction and consulting to Tiger Paw Adventures and its affiliates, offering adventure tours including horseback journeys and polo holidays worldwide. Conceptualisation and development of external and internal communication tools including electronic Newsletters and Holiday Promotions, and MIS tools, and the simultaneous contribution with trip planning and costing.
· Marketing Communications responsibilities for 31-year old, Ohio based construction polymers manufacturing company POLY-CARB Inc. Contributed by conceptualizing
and developing various print, display and web based marketing and communication tools as well as MIS tools for internal use.
2000 - ‘01
· Experience at Pat and Monty Roberts ‘Flag Is UP Farms’, in all about six months including a three-week volunteer & Join-Up clinic in Mr. Roberts’s non-violent techniques of handling horses, parallels of which are being drawn for work place management. Direction for the photographing of his Join-Up technique for his newest book “From My Hands To Yours”.
· Production/Direction experience with San Francisco based weekly TV-show on the Indian-American Diaspora; cable broadcast on East and West coasts. The programme
had a TV-magazine format and inputs included Research, Production and Direction
of a range of stories focused on the community’s events, affairs and personalities. Produced by India Post a leading weekly community newspaper of the SF Bay Area.
1998 - ‘00
· Marketing Communications for adventure tourism client Tiger Paw Adventures.
Projects included promotional films and photographic documentation for polo
and horseback holidays for client’s direct mail, event and electronic promotions.
· Interiors photography for interior design magazine, Indian Design & Interiors.
1995 - ‘97
· Commissioned photography for the Taj Group of Hotels. Projects included illustrating various tourist destinations in India for the group’s publication The Taj Magazine
and creating visuals of their business hotel property Taj Residency, Indore; for marketing brochures.
· Commissioned by the South Bank Show of London TV to create visuals of the architectural mural on the British Council building façade in New Delhi, for visual imagery content for the TV interview with the artist.
· Creation and supply of various products and stationery, manufactured with the innovated hand-made paper (see below), to blue jean brand Lee-Cooper’s India-collaborator
Indus Clothing Company.
· Innovation in the Hand-made paper industry in India with the use of denim fabric waste to create a blue coloured paper without the use of bleach and dyes in the manufacturing process. Innovated as a business idea for self employment.
· Tested, commissioned and managed a shut down studio pottery, making ceramic wall tiles, handmade with traditional techniques including wood fired kilns. The participation was at the level of a working partner.
1989 - ‘92
· Photography commissioned by the Washington Post, for the lead story on the
forestation programme in India, to coincide with the opening of the Rio de Janeiro summit. Mr. Steve Coll, then Asia Bureau Chief authored the text.
· Research and creation of day/night photographs for the 1991-elections 24-hour telecast
TV-set for NDTV.
· Commissioned by the German Embassy in India to create images of various
Indo-German co-operation projects, ranging from a Lignite mining operation to technical training institutes.
· Photography for the exclusive Taj Magazine, published by The Taj Group of Hotels embodying the Indian destinations, its people and culture.
1986 - ‘88
· Assistant to Bombay based Mr. Shantanu Sheorey, leading Producer/Director of advertising films. Responsibilities ranged from pre to post-production for 35mm film production coupled with video post, supervising jingles and the final product.
· Worked as assistant to Ms. Harsaranbir Kaur Pandey, Delhi Doordarshan Producer
for the TV-newsmagazine “Roving Eye”. Responsibilities ranged from research, direction and post-production supervision.
1981 - ‘85
· Project photographer for the Government of India “Festival of India” exhibition on Ancient Indian Architecture at L’ecole des Beaux Art, Paris. Extensively photographed ancient architectural sites in Central India.
· Photography for the President’s Body Guard, Indian army’s cavalry regiment; for the Guidon presentation by the Queen of England during her 1983 visit to India. The images created formed part of a unique son-et-lumiere held at the forecourt of the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
· Assistant to Mr. Steve McCurry, National Geographic photographer on assignment for the story ‘India by Rail’. Responsibilities warranted assistance in more ways than one from loading cameras to interpreting or finding food and shelter at unearthly hours during the three-month travels on the Peshawar-Dacca rail route.
· Commissioned by professional architects to document projects in various parts of interior India. This involved research, travel planning to reach far flung locations and creating visuals for marketing and publications.
· Master’s Degree in International MBA; graduated August 2003, from the
Baldwin-Wallace College, Ohio, USA.
· Studied Visual Communication Design at the National Institute of Design, India,
in the five-year Professional Education Programme from year’s 1976-’80. The subjects were Graphic Design, Film-making and Photography.
· Familiar with the various visual design and multi-media software, and working knowledge of the MS Office environment.