- + Follow
Yoo Rang Shon
A seasoned designer with experience in fine, sterling silver and costume jewelry. Expert in CAD modeling, rendering as well as hand sketching. Profound knowledge in all facets of jewelry manufacturing process from conceptualization through final production.
• Develop curriculum and instruct classes on mechanical drawing, perspective views, and gouache
rendering that allow students to translate their design ideas to paper
• Develop designs and CAD models for various high-end jewelry companies
•Develop CAD models utilizing Solidworks and Powersurfacing for jewelry production and to visualize complex design ideas
•Improved jewelry quality by providing optimal CAD models for mass production. Accurate CAD models improved stone fitting, surface quality and construction.
• Drastically increased efficiency for prototyping process by providing CAD file to vendors eliminating misinterpretation
•Enabled team to estimate more accurate FOB by providing precise metal weight and surface area for plating
• Took a lead to build price calculation tool based on component data and CAD models.
• Created photo realistic renderings of CAD models utilizing Bunkspeed shot. Renderings reduced the need of sampling for market research. Renderings also facilitated design presentation between and merchandizing team.
• Designed jewelries that are AVON brand appropriate, trend-right, and that fit into targeted retail pricing
• Utilize in-house Perfactory 3D printer for rapid prototyping
•Designed brand appropriate/trend right jewelry collection that fits into targeted retail pricing
•Designed and developed 300 SKUs of jewelries in a year within Sterling silver, Look of Real, Fashion, Novelty, and License categories
• Produced concept sketches through final spec sheets for production
• Researched key market data including seasonal trends and target customers
• Partnered with Product Development/Sourcing team to achieve Avon quality standards and to meet production schedules
•Collaborated with Merchandizing team to achieve target margins and strategic goals
•Collaborated with in-house CAD design team to develop accurate 3D prototypes
• Lead communicator with international vendors to assure that prototypes followed design directions to meet production timelines
Diamond Grading, Gemology I, Introduction to Diamonds, and Jewelry Design II