- + Follow
Since childhood, I’ve been fascinated with the how and why of the everyday things around us, and I’ve continued to draw from this curiosity throughout my career. I’ve always been a bit of futurist dreamer and design has been my natural outlet; driven by the desire not only to see what’s around the next corner but have a direct hand in shaping our future. Whether through identifying needs, exploring new processes or the creative expression of form; design has always been at the core of my existence. This passion has guided me through the design of consumer products, sporting goods, footwear, and sustainable technologies; successfully creating products that hold a presence, convey meaning, and perform technically within a wide range of contexts. This experience has provided me an extensive toolkit for the design process and a genuine passion for the creation of great things. As an industrial designer, I’m attached to a legacy that hasn’t had the best environmental track record and has actually helped facilitate many of the environmental and sustainability challenges we now face. Despite the sins of our past, I believe the time for tears and guilt are over, and we need to shift our focus, utilize our talents and foster a new era for design based on responsibility, accountability, and innovation. Today we face an exciting and challenging time for design, and I’m glad to be part of it.
Nike NXT // Cushioning Innovation
• Sports data driven concept development for future generation cushioning systems (Vapor Max air sole design)
• Design focus on new and emerging technologies, materials and manufacturing processes
• Conceptualization of alternative shoe construction, manufacturing and holistic performance
• ideation sketching and high quality presentation rendering
• ID surfacing and mechanical CAD modeling
Industrial design / Design Research
• Concept generation, brand language development (sketching, brainstorming)
• Contributed to in progress research study with outside source
• Conducted final analysis and reports on research findings
• ID surface and conceptual mechanical CAD modeling
• Successfully created/implemented new research strategies for product innovation.
• Conducted research activities, providing detailed reports and insight on results.
• Applied research findings directly to develop tangible solutions for successful products.
• Focused on the analysis of consumer values for the extraction of latent insights.
• Drove front end product development research.
• Concept generation, brand language development (sketching, brainstorming, mockups).
• ID surface and production CAD modeling
• Worked hand in hand with engineering designing for manufacturability.
• Created and contributed to successful products on the market.
• Managed/expanded internal rapid prototyping capabilities. (SLS, FDM, Silicone Molding)
• Introduced new technologies, tailoring them specifically to our needs. (SLS)
• Significantly increased quality and productivity while continually lowering RP costs.
• Generated/explored functional design concepts.
• Created photo quality prototypes.