- + Follow
An experienced Industrial Designer of consumer products, sporting goods, footwear and green technologies. Successfully creating products that need to hold a presence of their own, convey brand language, address human factors, while performing technically within a wide range of environments and contexts. This experience has provided me an extensive tool kit for the design process and a true passion for the creation of great things.
• Solid Works
• qualitative research
• needs identification
• conceptual ideation
• Illustrator - Photoshop
• trend analysis
• silicone mold making
• rapid prototyping - SLS, FDM
• product design - development
Nike. Beaverton, OR
Industrial Designer : 05/ 2010 - present
• Sports data driven concept development for future generation cushioning systems
• Design focus on new and emerging technologies, materials and manufacturing processes
• Conceptualization of alternative shoe construction, manufacturing and holistic performance
• Cross-functional project collaboration and athletic footwear trending
• ID surfacing and mechanical CAD modeling (Solid Works)
• ideation sketching and high quality presentation rendering
Veranda Solar. Portland, OR
Industrial Designer : 01/ 2009 - 08/ 2009
Contract Industrial design / Research
• Concept generation, brand language development (sketching, brainstorming)
• ID surface and conceptual mechanical CAD modeling (Solid Works)
• Contributed to in progress research study with out side source
• Conducted final analysis and reports on research findings
Yakima Products. Arcata, CA - Beaverton, OR
Sr. Model Maker / Industrial designer : 06/ 2004 - 11/ 2008
• Drove front end product development research.
• Successfully created/implemented new research strategies for product innovation.
• Conducted research activities, providing detailed reports and insight on results.
• Focused on the analysis of consumer values for the extraction of latent insights.
• Applied research findings directly to develop tangible solutions for successful products.
• Concept generation, brand language development (sketching, brainstorming, mockups).
• ID surface and production CAD modeling (Solid Works)
• Worked hand in hand with engineering designing for manufacturability.
• Created and contributed to successful products on the market.
• Managed/expanded internal rapid prototyping capabilities. (SLS, FDM, Silicone Molding)
• Introduced new technologies, tailoring them specifically to our needs. (SLS)
• Significantly increased quality and productivity while continually lowering RP costs.
• Generated/explored functional design concepts.
• Created photo quality prototypes.
Bemidji State University