- + Follow
New York, NY
New York, NY
As a self-taught programmer with a degree in Communication Design, Zachary Martz has over 5 years experience as a Graphics Designer and Developer. He produces projects with an all encompassing approach and accounts for technical demands, business goals, and brand aesthetics. Zachary has the ability to manage both small and large projects but can also take a hands on approach to Print, Digital, Marketing and Development work. He prides himself in his strong communication skill, time management, budget awareness and creative solutions to project roadblocks and limitations. Whether you have a plan needing execution or need help creating one, Zachary is your one-stop-shop for multi-faceted design projects.
SAKS Online Catalog Concept
Square Social Icon Set
COCKPIT USA Responsive 2014
Experienced Freelance Designer brought in to help insure quality and consistency on digital project. Consultant on new digital projects for responsiveness and style consistency.
• Web Design & Integrations
• Marketing & Advertising
• Data Management & Analytics
• E-commerce & Retail Sales
• Print Design
Reports Directly to VP Digital Product
• Managed and led research initiative for luxury e-commerce within publication
• Created new E-commerce business slated for $1.5m in second year
• Established testing and optimization strategies to improve email KPIs plus implement new email initiatives
• Research emerging industry trends and strategize new opportunities to Sign-on luxury partners and Brands
• Develop internal creative briefs and design specs matching initiatives throughout the year
• Conceptualize and lead larger marketing campaigns up through execution
• Documentation and communication of project status to teams on a regular basis to ensure all teams are aware
of next steps and project milestones
• Lead cross-functional meetings with marketing, merchandising, creative, copy as part of a briefing and review process
• Initiated Omniture reporting and scheduled distributional of metrics
Reported Directly to the VP and Owner
• Developed sales strategy resulting in an increased Conversion and Revenue by 120%
• Standardized creative format to meet expectations of large online retailers from Lord & Taylor to Wal-Mart
• Blogging and Social Media plan lead to Facebook fan increase from 300 to 3000 fans in 3.5months
• Collaborated with merchandising and creative directors to implement cohesive brand image
• Spearheaded development of web exclusive product lines
• Lead social media and marketing - development and execution
• Strategized website release of 2500 sku product lines. Including descriptions, inventory, images, & taxonomy
• Optimize online workflow of order fulfillment and shipping practices
Reported Directly to Owners
• Revitalization of failing e-commerce site including back end and front-end architecture/design
• Increased Conversion and Revenue by 50%
• Trained and updated fulfillment and sales staff on all retail systems converging on e-commerce
Developed focus in creating a distinction between sub-product lines and core brand
• Developed branding guideline package for salesmen and business partners to use as a unified brand image
• Cohesive image for seasonal collections and merchandise
• Developed and Lead social media and marketing plans
• Implemented Standards for printed and digital product and mechanized images
• Encouraged branding standards to be present in all company representation.
• Full identity support from product production to printed work to online facade
• Freelance design of animation and development for charity e-card.
• 6 Slides each progressively encouraging the user to donate to the toy drive.
Sole Creative Intern
• Responsible for Printed Ads ~ Publications (i.e. Nylon, FADER, GQ)
• Email Blasts
• Promotional Material (post cards, books)
• Formatting Nationwide Ad Campaign for multiple applications including: billboards and marketing Ads, Email blasts / Emailers, promotional books and pamphlets, In-store graphics, room designs, and printed communications.
General Management and Operations for a 8+ employee Retail store.
Responsible for Scheduling, Proccessing Shipments, Generating sales, creating tasking
schedules for associates, Visual Merchandising, In-store POP, e-commerce promotions.
Processing and Merchandising, Sales Tracking, Shoe and Apparel Sales