Executive Director of Product Design and Development
Jan 2019 - Present (2 years 3 months)
- Lead all product design, mechanical engineering, and global sourcing teams.
- Oversee development of ongoing product pipeline of all packaging categories.
- Ideate and present new product concepts.
- Identify needs and portfolio gaps.
- Lead New Product Development team throughout product launch process, partnering cross functionally with Product Design, Sales, Product Marketing, Product Development, Package Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Creative, and Operations.
Director of Design and Development
Feb 2016 - Jan 2019 (2 years 11 months)
Jul 2010 - Feb 2016 (5 years 7 months)
- I am the Creative Director of Fusion Packaging where I oversee graphic design and decoration, and new packaging design and development. Recently in early 2014 I was a Finalist for Innocos Leader of the Year Award in Packaging and happy to announce that the Scene package that I developed received the AmeriStar Cosmetic Package of the Year Award.
- I manage the creative team and oversee all graphic design work associated with decorating our products. Many times I work directly with our customer as well as our factory to make sure we achieve the desired outcome.
- On internal Fusion Branded projects I work closely with the Marketing Director on our branding, communication, and website initiatives.
- I create new, fresh cosmetic packaging designs primarily for airless pump packaging applications but also for jars, tubes, and other packaging platforms. I work directly with Fusion’s Co-CEOs, sales team, and engineers to bring these ideas from concept to real life. I do this by applying design thinking and starting off every project with research, market analysis, and hand sketching. Once ideas start to formulate I use Solidworks to further communicate my ideas to our engineers. I use my knowledge of materials, finishes, and manufacturing to reduce the design and engineering phase, this assists with our speed to market.