Mar 2015 - Present (6 years 10 months)
Manage creative department of full-service ad agency. Serve as lead idea guru and writer for broadcast, digital and print.
• Write, direct, cast and manage production of television, radio and web video spots for all agency clients.
• Transform clients into preferred brands with innovative multichannel campaigns that break the mold of traditional advertising, resulting in increased revenue and store/web traffic by as much as 65 percent.
• Write optimized web content – including websites, landing pages, blogs and social media posts – for schools, financial service providers, retailers and MA State institutions.
• Create targeted geo-fenced video and digital display assets that target individual customers based on location.
• Employ responsive web design to ensure digital assets render intuitively across desktop and mobile platforms.
• Certify that co-op, compliance and legal requirements are adhered.
• Supervise and coach a team of graphic designers and video professionals.
• Leverage Allen Roche’s revamped creative output to expand the company’s portfolio and increase revenue.
Freelance Copywriter / Creative & SEO Consultant
May 2012 - Present (9 years 8 months)
Provide creative direction, copywriting, website development and digital optimization services to agency and corporate clients including Daymon Worldwide, Altamira, 1-800-PetMeds, Hamilton White, SPI Global and Potomac College.
• Write and manage creation of websites, emails, landing pages, blog posts, social media, PR and direct mail.
• Provide creative and strategic direction for the branding and launch of the Potomac Enrichment Center.
• Oversee the redesign of email templates for Hamilton White and 1-800-PetMeds to adhere to industry standards, increasing deliverability by 25%.
• Conduct content, structure and usability analysis for Yale University School of Medicine’s Department of Orthopedics website, improving user experience and organic visibility.
• Conceptualize and write print and online ads for Daymon Worldwide’s corporate re-branding initiative.
SEM & SEO Copywriter (Contract)
Sep 2018 - Jun 2019 (9 months)
Research, create and optimize search engine marketing copy that consistently beat existing controls in North America and key markets in South America, Europe and Asia. Write optimized website and landing page content for TripAdvisor's Hotel Division, increasing online visibility, customer engagement and booking revenue.
Creative Director, Online Services
Jul 2007 - May 2012 (4 years 10 months)
Managed the development and served as lead copywriter for digital campaigns that increased customer loyalty and revenue for Fortune 1000 clients including Wells Fargo, HSBC, American Express, 1-800-Flowers and Staples.
• Conceptualized site flow, wrote optimized content and oversaw the development of over 20 new or re-designed consumer websites annually, serving over 10 million unique visitors.
• Optimized websites for SEO and UX by conducting keyword research, improving meta tags, and incorporating spider-friendly internal linking and intuitive site framework, universally increasing site rankings and traffic.
• Managed the creation and wrote content for the relaunch of PrivacyGuard.com, a leading identity protection platform, resulting in a 50% increase in new, organic customers.
• Wrote and directed the creation of digital collateral including emails, banners, mobile sites and display ads.
• Developed new landing pages and customer enrollment flows that exceeded existing controls by 20%.
• Conceptualized and wrote new online fulfillment communications, increasing customer retention by 10%.
• Supervised web designers and copywriters, ensuring that projects were always on time and on target.
• Served as key creative presenter at major client pitches that resulted in new business.
Senior Copywriter and Web Content Manager
Cardean Learning Group
May 2006 - May 2007 (1 year)
Principal copywriter and web content manager for two online universities. Increased enrollments among consumer and B-to-B markets, resulting in 33% annual revenue growth. Relaunched Ellis College and Cardean University websites by creating new optimized content and streamlining UX. Managed SEO, conducted keyword research, implemented effective meta tags, and incorporated spider-friendly linking strategies and site structures, increasing organic traffic by 35%. Earned 2006 IMC Award for Outstanding Achievement in Website Design.
Marketing Communications Manager
Aug 2004 - May 2006 (1 year 9 months)
Served as lead copywriter and creative manager for hybrid marketing agency / software firm. Conceived and wrote copy for all online initiatives including website content, email campaigns, landing pages and SEM. Wrote and managed production of print ads, direct mail and brochures. Branded and promoted key software modules including QuickData Surveys, MyMail Subscription Center and BounceBuster, improving recognition and revenue for Cierant and its clients.
Group Marketing Director / Copywriter
New York, NY
Jul 2000 - Feb 2004 (3 years 7 months)
Inaugurated new marketing department for Jewelry & Fashion Group. Served as principal copywriter and creative lead for all print and digital marketing. Conceived and branded new products that generated over $100,000 in annual revenue. Promoted re-launch of National Jeweler, achieving the second-highest PM among Nielsen’s print division.
Promotion Director / Copywriter
Reed Business Information
New York, NY
Feb 1998 - Jul 2000 (2 years 5 months)
Launched first in-house marketing department for RBI Television Group. Served as principal creative strategist and copywriter for all print and digital advertising targeting executives in the television, radio and motion picture industries.
Asst. Marketing Manager / Copywriter
Advanstar Healthcare Communications
New York, NY
Jan 1997 - Feb 1998 (1 year 1 month)
Helped establish new in-house marketing department for Healthcare division. Served as principal copywriter and led efforts to bring a more consumer-centric approach to pharmaceutical and healthcare advertising, greatly expanding differentiation and revenues for Advanstar Healthcare.
New York, NY
Jun 1992 - Jan 1997 (4 years 7 months)
Among the first computer production artists at a Top 10 advertising agency. Utilized QuarkXpress, Photoshop and Illustrator to produce print layouts and write copy for clients including Procter & Gamble, Dannon, Panasonic, Kraft, GlaxoSmithKline, Mitsubishi and Canon.