Graphic Designer & Desktop Publisher
Oct 2019 - Present (1 year 11 months)
• Build, format, and edit forms, reports, and presentations, and other insurance-related assets through skilled use of MSOffice Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, and/or Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Photoshop.
• Create and design posters and invitations for print and digital publication according to brand standards, remaining responsive to the client’s or internal changes to templates, file types, or processes.
• Communicate directly with clients and colleagues via email, Zoom meetings, or by phone to discuss request requirements and timing, ensuring quality and speed meet client expectations, while maintaining brand standards.
• Manage time and projects to create, review, compile, and organize printed and digitally published art, troubleshooting any related issues such as layout and preflighting.
• Source client related imagery for report covers, invitations, and brochures, ensuring each meets copyright compliance.
• Remotely manage workflow across three national offices, ensuring client quality and timing expectations are met.
Graphic Design and Production Coordinator, Proposals
Dragados Canada, Inc.
Aug 2016 - Jun 2019 (2 years 10 months)
• Organized and communicated with internal and external team members to create, produce, and deliver multiple provincially compliant digital or printed proposals by their prescribed deadlines.
• Identified and translated written content into creative, detailed, and informative graphics and icons.
• Performed quality control of proposal branding, fonts, colours, and layout, in conjunction with proofing content, remaining responsive to client, partner, or internal changes in the process.
• Managed time and projects to create, review, compile, and organize print ready art either in-house or with external printers, troubleshooting related issues such as page layout and preflighting.
• Designed branded marketing material, including logos, e-newsletters, brochures, and advertisements, using a combination of MSOffice Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Outlook, and SharePoint, and Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Photoshop.
• Skilfully negotiated materials, timing, and fees with suppliers for production and delivery of printed material, and proposal related supplies and collateral, being sure to meet high standards of quality, speed, and cost.
• Conducted and presented quarterly office inspection findings to the Joint Health and Safety Committee, where progress on, and resolutions to, identified issues were discussed and recorded.
Multimedia Publisher, Creative Services Associate, In-store Marketing Associate
CIBC World Markets Inc., Accenture Canada, Zellers Inc.
2012 - 2016 (4 years)
• Reliably enforced consistent brand standards, applying, building, or adapting appropriate templates from existing databases, updating libraries when new standards were introduced.
• Maintained open and professional lines of communication with specialty vendors to design and produce branded products, keeping within project budget and deadline.
• Proactively became a responsive point of contact to internal clients and external vendors when completing requests via Outlook or SharePoint within faster than expected time frames.
• Increased colleagues’ knowledge and understanding of industry standard software applications when providing hands-on or remote technical support and expertise.
Futuremed Healthcare Products
2010 - 2012 (2 years)
• Developed and presented the new concept for a proprietary line of skincare and cleaning products, including packaging, photography, and printed media.
• Consolidated individual product flyers into the company’s first furniture catalogue within a six month period.
• Updated and produced a 500-page healthcare product catalogue, using in-house photography and industry standard applications.
• Verified accuracy of product images, sourced or photographed products as needed, and ensured affected media was updated within a 24 hour time period.
• Participated in the conversion of the existing static website to a dynamic e-commerce site, learned Magento to maintain the site in-house and reduce marketing costs.