May 2017 - Nov 2017 (6 months)
Installed large format adhesive vinyl prints for clients across the country. Used problem-solving skills for wrapping walls, windows, pillars, floors, etc. Learned and applied all vinyl types using wet and dry techniques. Built, proofed and released print-ready digital files for production. Ran printers, laminaters, cutting equipment and vinyl plotters. Attended 3M certification for vinyl installers training class.
Sign Shop Manager
Oct 2015 - Apr 2017 (1 year 6 months)
Moved from a temporary assistant position to full-time employment to Sign Shop Manager within 4 months. This position is a high volume, fast-paced print shop at an Anheuser-Busch distributing company. Received orders from sales-people for displays, wraps, and marketing promotions for more than 1,100 accounts and was in charge of delegating tasks to assistants / interns while personally focusing on larger scaled projects. Used over 12 different print medias on 6 different printers and cutting machines and was expected to know the in’s and out’s of each installation and production process.
Graphic / Web Designer (freelance)
Nov 2014 - Jan 2015 (2 months)
• Designed 8 page website and logo
• Communicate with project manager about design stategy and preferences
Designer and Retail Associate
May 2013 - May 2014 (1 year)
* Created custom t-shirt designs for large and small orders online shop and in-store sales as well as advertising posters for store sales and events and customized price tags for merchandise.
* Developed problem solving skills while becoming familiar with the limitations and range of the vinyl heat transfer printing process by designing and printing merchandise. Operated Etsy online store as well as updated social media accounts with new sales merchandise and events.
* Developed strong written and verbal communication by working directly with customers in-person and through email to create their custom t-shirt design ideas. Performed daily clerical duties including opening and closing retail shop taking inventory working cash register filing daily financial reports and order forms and depositing cash into business bank account.
* Maintained consistency and attention detail as well as adapted to work efficiently in a high-volume fast-paced environment while working on multiple orders and following a strict production process.
Marketing and Communications Intern
Southwest Baptist University
Jun 2012 - Aug 2012 (2 months)
* Designed 18 marketing pamphlets, newsletters, and other materials to mail to alumni, current students and prospective students as well as designs for SBU's website.
* Communicated with a printing company and was heavily involved in the design process from concept to final product.
* Key learning: how to design material that will communicate a message that resonates with a specific audience. Southwest Baptist University Housekeeping Work Study from