Project Trainee, Quality Department
Larsen & Toubro Electrical & Automation
Navi Mumbai, India
Jun 2018 - Jul 2018 (1 month)
• Work on mechanical components of ACB, checking dimensions as per drawing GD & T or recommendation by using various quality assurance instruments like NIKON Microscopic Measuring Machine, Profile Projector, TESA Height Gauge.
• Also, work on free movement issues of rivet SK91110, checked dimensional properties of a sample of 50 rivets using Vernier Calliper.
• Carried out Hardness testing and density testing of Circlips and Bush Rings respectively on Rockwell Hardness Testing Machine and Density testing machine.
• Also checked material properties of packaging material such as moisture & bursting strength by using respective quality assurance instruments such as Humidity measuring Probe, and many more.
• Work on enamel coated copper wires, checking Breakdown Voltages of different types of wires and matching it with standard results with the help of Breakdown Voltage Test (BVT) and checking any pinholes in enamel coating of wire by performing Pinhole test.
• Also, work on press component inspection like patrol and setting approval.
• Work on project analysis of plating issues in copper Terminals, a Silver plating process, and defects in plating like watermarks, blisters.
Summer Trainee, Overhauling & Maintenance
Central Railway Locomotive Workshop
Jun 2017 - Jul 2017 (1 month)
• Work on the Periodic Overhauling process of Diesel Locomotive of various types like WDG 3A, WDP 3A, WDG 3D, WDP 3D, NDP 3A. And go through the basic working of Diesel Locomotive.
• Work on Primary & UV analysis of components of an engine of a diesel locomotive, attended one day seminar on finding cracks using UV technology. Also learned about wheel size ratio, supercharger, radiator, etc.