Sr. Art Director
Dec 2019 - Present (2 years 1 month)
• Overhauled Legendary Capital’s overall visuals to bring a fresh and cleaner look to their marketing materials.
• Created a functioning style guide to create a cohesive voice to all Legendary Capital funds.
• Collaborated with internal teams to create solutions increasing offering
potential from our network.
• Photographed and edited Legendary Capital head shots.
• Regularly generate fresh and on-brand ideas for marketing materials.
• Direct all external photo and video projects.
• Work with Marketing Director to increase email click-through rates.
• Review, edit and create copy for print and digital projects.
• Organized all Legendary Capital assets into simple to find area on Dropbox.
• Effectively transitioned to work-from-home during pandemic to keep all projects on time and in budget.
• Create visually impactful and content rich videos.
Multimedia & Print Designer
Oct 2017 - Apr 2019 (1 year 6 months)
• Promoted Evine brand through Print, Online, Social Media & Email with
creative business thought and internal collaboration.
• Worked alongside art directors, buyers, vendors and marketing team to
deliver on business requests.
• Created style guides for internal and vendor approval for all cross-channel marketing efforts.
• Worked in collaboration with the development team to produce a new page creation tool for quicker and more attractive online vendor presence.
• Daily updating of Evine website using Adobe S&P.
• Created on-air logos for Evine specific brands.
• Worked with on-air team to create Evine-exclusive brand logos and on-air graphics for broadcast via the national cable channel.
• Created special event look for holiday vendor/new customer launch.
Senior Graphic Designer
Saint Paul, MN
Jan 2014 - May 2017 (3 years 4 months)
• Built and developed Gander Mountain brand through Social Media & Email, by leveraging strategy, design, and conceptual thinking.
• Critical member in the company’s move to responsive emails, including:
design and development.
• Partnered with buyers, vendors and marketing leaders to deliver on
• Created style guides for platforms, including digital templates.
• Managed internal teams and external agencies to execute across media
channels. Examples include social media, in-store marketing, digital, and print.
• Created an on-board training manual for new digital designers.
• Tested all website and email designs for link accuracy.
• Brainstormed, designed and art directed for a national newspaper insert,
distribution of 11M customers; main focus: creating unique creative solutions to drive sales and differentiate Gander Mountain from competitors.
• Concepted, designed and produced seasonal catalog, duties included photo shoot directing, page and theme layout design, set up of print ready files, and managed final proof approval.
• Consulted on and produced print collateral and signage for seasonal
initiatives using the full complement of Adobe Creative Cloud software.
• Supported Gander Mountain’s events with logo design, identity, and
promotional pieces (brochures, fliers, etc)
Jul 2008 - Jan 2014 (5 years 6 months)
* Create catalog cover designs for US, Canadian and European powersports markets * Direct photo shoots * Packaging designs * Design print ads, sales brochures and posters * Guide design staff on how new design elements are to be implemented to maintain consistency * Work in conjunction with Production Managers, Traffic Managers, Writers, Photo and Pagination departments to maintain an efficient work flow * Train employees to ensure consistency and set standards are being met by keeping communication open with entire team * Hire and train new staff members (Full-Time & Freelance Staff) * Keep communication open with Production Leads to work on new ideas or to solve issues * File preparation, proofing and press checks