Senior Web Designer
2007 - Present (14 years)
• Created company’s first digital travel guide for iPad use for Illinois Office of Tourism, as well as iPad apps for Visit Kansas City, Visit Tucson and Visit Phoenix.
• Responsible for designing and programming interactive ads, microsites, brochures, enewsletters, email blasts, social media applications and mobile websites for official state and city tourism bureaus, including Visit Florida, Greater Fort Lauderdale, Visit KC, Illinois Office of Tourism, Visit West Virginia and Colorado Tourism Office, using HTML, CSS, Flash and mobile technologies.
• Designed and programmed award-winning monthly enewsletter and mobile website for the Arizona Office of Tourism.
• Responsible for managing projects from start to finish, including time management, materials collection, product tracking and working with art director and project manager to ensure smooth and on-time delivery.
Print Design Associate (July 2007 - November 2008)
• Designed and produced art and copy layouts for promotional travel materials presented in newspaper and magazine inserts, including O, The Oprah Magazine.
• Consulted with clients and art director to evaluate individual project needs and prepare final layout for prepress.
Graphic Design Intern
Aug 2006 - Jul 2007 (11 months)
• Created websites, advertisements and collateral pieces, including research, conceptualization and execution, for various clients, including FT Franklin Funding and Gameday Financial.
Sports Designer & Copy Editor
Arizona Daily Star
Mar 2003 - Jun 2006 (3 years 3 months)
• Designed multiple pages of the Sports section on a nightly basis, including the selection of articles and photos, copy editing and copywriting, working 40 hours a week while attending school full-time.
• Met two deadlines per night, adding late news, scores and photos to pages as needed.
• Designed a 16-page Spring Training special preview section in 2006.
National Teams Equipment Manager
United States Soccer Federation
Jan 2002 - Dec 2003 (1 year 11 months)
• Managed team equipment during training camps and tournaments for youth and senior national teams. Responsible for daily maintenance of training gear, uniforms and equipment, assisting the team coordinator and coordination of videotaping needs and digital archives.
• Traveled extensively throughout the United States, Europe and the Middle East for training camps and tournaments, including the 2003 World Youth Cup in the United Arab Emirates.
Front Desk Supervisor
New York Sports Club
Sep 2002 - Dec 2002 (3 months)
• Managed a team of 8 front desk employees, including scheduling shifts and coordinating front desk needs at a busy downtown health club.
Los Angeles Galaxy
May 2001 - Dec 2001 (7 months)
• Assisted the Director of Operations with producing a professional soccer game, including timing management, customer service, preparing the Rose Bowl concourse, supervising locker rooms and field for an event, in-game promotions and event breakdown.
Operations and Communications Intern
May 2000 - Aug 2000 (3 months)
• Assisted the Director of Operations with producing a professional soccer game.
• Assisted the Director of Marketing by running official team and league promotions throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
• Returned as an Equipment Manager intern, from August 2002 to December 2002