Sr. Industrial Designer
Feb 2018 - Present (3 years 1 month)
• Designer of custom contemporary furniture and lighting.
• Daily activities includes design new projects and build prototypes, conduct
design and market research, review samples for approval and improvements,
create tech packs, technical drawings and organize material libraries for all
products, material swatches and hardware components; communicates with
suppliers and manufacturers to ensure on time delivery.
• Work with clients in furniture, lighting, elastomer, footwear and apparel
products; attend trade shows to present new design and concepts; source new
projects and build relationships with suppliers in accordance with manufacturing
and forecasting strategies.
• Travel to factories for concept developments, sample revisions and production;
oversee sourcing processes and coordinate among manufacturers, vendors and
material suppliers; meet with customers for design and production consultancy.
• Provide clear and accurate email, redline drawing feedback and production
notes to manufacturers for requested producon methods, which fulfill the
original design concept and anticipate preventable production and QC issues.
Sr. Technical Footwear Designer
Apr 2010 - Jan 2018 (7 years 9 months)
• Designer and manufacturer of premium footwear utilizing cement and string
lasting, and performance dance accessories.
• Responsibilities included design full spectrum of footwear and performance
accessories, create original concept, design research, last creation, pattern
making, prototyping, sample development, package design, material sourcing,
grading, fit and wear testing, tooling design, preproduction arrangement,
commercialization, production and QC inspections in Ballet, Pointe, Character,
Jazz, Tap, Modern, Hip Hop, Contemporary, and social dance genres.
• Daily activities included, but were not limited to design field, communicated
with factories and offshore suppliers. Oversaw development processes, making
comments and corrections on samples, pattern modifications, opening and
approving tooling for uppers, outsoles and molded components. Reviewed and
approved fabric, leather, and PU swatches. Wrote POs, cost negotiations and
• Traveled to domestic and international trade shows to source new projects and
components, and to factories to ensure manufacturers follow design specs and
• Reviewed prototypes, samples and material swatches for approval, and
overseen collaboration among manufacturers, vendors and agents for assigned
leathers, fabric, and hardware components.
• Created and built strategic development partners for footwear components,
lasts and muscle relief products.
• Ensured components and products exceed required safety tests, including lead
and choking hazards, as well as bonding strength, UV and abrasion resistance
through 3rd parties such as Intertek, SGS and UL.
• Package Design with packing instructions to ensure manufacturers followed
logistics guidelines for qualified and on time delivery
• Built material and sample libraries; created and modified linesheets, tech packs, patterns, 3D models on Gerber PLM
May 2010 - May 2014 (4 years)
• Provided introduction and perspective reviews on distinguished public artists and contemporary sculptors to audience in Taiwan.
• Provided academic criticism of public art porjects materially and metaphysically.
Pratt Design Incubator
Jul 2009 - Mar 2010 (8 months)
• Researched in biomimicry and concept development in sustainable materials,
production methods and products lifecycle
• Built concept models and prototypes
Aug 1998 - May 2006 (7 years 9 months)
• Co-founder of the Premium mosaic mural and sculpture manufacturer
• Daily activities included public art creation, project planning, scale model
making, arranging bidding proposals, and presented to clients and project
committees; mural and sculpture production, installation, material sourcing,
inventory checking, and supply chain management.
• Set up seasonal and annual projections, strategize artistic direction with design, market development and production to establish studio profile and ensure that projects are within cost parameters, manufacturing capabilities, and maximizing operation efficiency.
• Developed detailed comprehensive cost analyses and standard operation
procedures using quantifiable data, included building material library and
accurate BOMs for each project, conducted time and motion studies, analyzing
and monitoring material loss, runoffs; calculating direct labor costs, packaging,
shipping, installation costs and overheads.
• Hands on experiences of mosaic murals and sculptures creation, managed
development process by providing detailed instructions and clear communication to drafters, mural makers, sculptors, and project contractors.
• Provided customers with budget analysis, historical project data and artistic
recommendations to meet project targets.