LEAD INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
Jun 2019 - Present (2 years 6 months)
- Lead technology products and develop design strategy for future offerings
- Furnish support to R&D in new product development and liaise with architectural teams.
Mar 2018 - May 2019 (1 year 2 months)
• Chart the successful development of a range of products related to molecular sensing in industrial and medical domains.
• Spearhead the industrial design vertical by leading product design, design strategy, and innovation.
• Furnish support to R&D in product development while actively creating new design language for the brand.
• Building the design DNA for the future generation of products.
• Assisted in the launch of the world's smallest quantitative mass spectrometer.
New Delhi, India
Jan 2005 - Feb 2018 (13 years 1 month)
• Oversaw the portfolio of home appliance handling products, like refrigerators, washing machines, microwave ovens, air conditioners, and water purifiers.
• Headed the first mobile phone and LED television design project to go into production in the Indian market.
• Aligned objectives and bridged communications with product planning, research, and development
teams to streamline product road map.
• Pioneered the design and implementation of home appliance design strategies.
• Controlled all facets of industrial design and product development initiatives in the department.
• Conducted interviews, workshops, contextual research, and ethnographic user studies in order to understand consumers and facilitate ongoing projects.
• Maintained design identity and DNA for all projects under each category.
• Identified key support vendors, including mockup houses and design consultancies.
• Ensured timely execution of fast-paced projects by organizing team members as well as shared results with South Korea headquarters.
• Promoted healthy cross-functional interaction for effective idea sharing by initiating innovation workshops with stake holders.
• Handled budget for managing vendors within department expenditure.
• Determined color, material, and finishes for product application and variations.
• Collaborated with product planning team to create SKU plans for respective product categories.
• Demonstrated success in product naming and branding.
• Executed co-work projects with Korean headquarters and collaborated with product planning,
research, and development teams to streamline the product road map.
New Delhi, India
Jan 2002 - Dec 2004 (2 years 11 months)
• Worked as a motorcycle styling designer.
• Facilitated market research, including competition mapping and automotive trend study.
• Focused on key modifications in body decals, body color, finish variation, and logo development.
• Designed speedometer console, tail light, and front cowl.
• Earned recognition for being only candidate selected for training at Honda Design Center in Japan.
• Gained an understanding of Honda philosophy and assisted with ongoing motorcycle projects
during eight months in Japan.
• Played a key role as team member involved in innovative projects, such as Splendor Plus, CBZ star,
CD Dawn, and Honda Unicorn motorcycle models.