Eden Prairie, MN
Aug 2021 - Present (1 year 6 months)
Monitor, schedule, and coordinate the activities of the design staff.
Manage projects, budgets, and schedules for a variety of clients.
Mentor new and existing employees.
Provide support with industrial design, 3D modeling, sketching, brainstorming, ideation and prototyping.
Freelance Product Designer
David Shapiro Design
Aug 2020 - Present (2 years 6 months)
Designer of physical products. Services include product ideation sketching, 3D modeling, photo-realistic 3D rendering and sourcing with overseas vendors. In other words, I can help you come up with your product idea, make it 3D, make it beautiful and help you get it manufactured.
Senior Product Designer
North Oaks, MN
Feb 2020 - Aug 2020 (6 months)
• Developed the aesthetic design for an revolutionary toy/puzzle system.
• Designed complex CAD assemblies and mechanisms in Autodesk Inventor.
• 3D printed and assembled prototypes.
• Created realistic 3D renderings using Rhino and V-Ray.
Feb 2016 - Jul 2016 (5 months)
• Oversaw the design, development and product management for all newly
developed products and decorations sold to Walmart and Sams Club.
• Researched and dictated company wide trends based on consumer insights and analysis from recognized trend agencies.
• Worked with domestic and international vendors to refine products and
eliminate cost barriers.
Jul 2016 - Feb 2016 (4 months)
• Designed and developed educational toys and games.
• Worked directly with overseas vendors to ensure quality products were executed
on time and within budget.
• Created detailed 3D CAD for products with injection molded parts and complex
• Wrote detailed copy and provided direction for package artwork and product
• Developed a system of gantt charts, standardized forms and product milestone
markers to streamline project management and development.
East Aurora, NY
Oct 2009 - Jan 2016 (6 years 3 months)
• Designed toys and products for infants.
• Tested toy prototypes and existing products with children and parents to gain
insights on current product performance and to fuel future product ideation.
• Generated blue-sky concepts through sketches, renderings, and model making
while part of an internal “start-up” team.
• Managed projects and worked collaboratively with team members in other