The CAD Sculptor is responsible for interpreting and defining the design intent of our industrial designers using CAD software while working with manufacturing and tooling requirements. 3D CAD data is used to develop product concepts and details for appearance models and renderings as well as production level surfaces used for engineering and tooling.
The CAD Sculptor is responsible for our design process on CAD 3D software from orthographic tech pack completion to finish: you will be asked to familiarize yourself with our company philosophy and process. The successful candidate must stay up-to-date with current CAD development, work closely with the creative department to produce accurate 3D mock-ups and make quick and accurate revisions to produce final prototypes that will be used for production.
• Experience with basic 3D CAD software ( Rhino preferable...); Ability to create detailed 3D designs from 2D tech pack and from STL 3D scan files
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
• Utmost attention to detail
• Incorporate feedback into 3D model designs
• Make revisions to models as requested
• Keep up to date on all modern advancement in material and software technologies
• Strong project management and problem-solving skills
• Very responsive, enthusiastic, positive attitude
• Excellent time management skills; consistently meets deadlines; highly organized
• Excellent communicator (written and verbal); ability to obtain and share information timely to keep other team members informed on fast-moving projects
• Flexible team player; able to quickly adapt to change
• An abundance of patience to see a complicated project to the end
• Ability to think in a three-dimensional manner
• Comfortable with sitting for long periods of time
• Accurately maintain databases, activity logs
We offer paid vacation, holidays as well as health benefits (medical, dental and vision).