American Museum Of Natural History
3D Designer, Traveling Exhibitions
The American Museum of Natural History is looking for a 3D designer in support of their extensive worldwide Traveling Exhibitions program. This position is based at the Museum in New York and works with the travel team in Global Business Development to support sales and operations for traveling exhibitions and the Exhibitions department during the development of and ongoing support for AMNH-produced exhibitions. Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Review all drawings for AMNH's temporary exhibitions in development and manage implementation of travel team comments and recommendations.
• Serve as design liaison between Exhibitions and Global Business Development teams.
• Document all phases of exhibition development from drawings to installation through deinstallation; create a comprehensive installation guide and other ancillary to use on the road.
• Draft and review Venue floorplans for traveling exhibitions.
• Work with Installers to monitor condition of traveling exhibitions; troubleshoot and create solutions for repairs and retrofits to existing exhibitions.
• Produce preliminary shop drawings for new fabrication elements.
• Work closely with project managers, installers, graphics, media, and content specialists to facilitate adaptations, installations and deinstallations.
• 2 – 3 years of design experience.
• General understanding of fabrication techniques.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects from concept through completion.
• Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a wide range of colleagues and clients and be a self-starter.
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior or industrial design preferred.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/1719016
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world's preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover, interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world's cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position, please call the Office of Human Resources.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.