Cactus is looking for a single client Account Director with retail and/or gaming experience preferred. The Account Director works closely with both the client and the agency team members to develop marketing plans that achieve the client’s desired outcome. The AD has a deep understanding of its clients’ brand, business, industry and competition and manages the overall strategic direction and agency relationship with the account. The AD also has an expert understanding of the agency’s capabilities and successfully matches and sells the agency’s services to best accomplish the clients’ objectives. The AD plays a leadership role both with clients and within the agency to create, foster and grow client relationships.
Salary Range: $105,000-$134,000
This is a Denver-based job with hybrid at home / in-office working
• Support the agency’s mission and vision of creating meaningful work that makes a huge impact and brings a powerful voice to brands that matter.
• Maintain an expert understanding of the agency’s capabilities, services, resources and processes. Assess and recommend areas of improvement for the agency in its services and capabilities.
• Direct client in the development of sophisticated marketing plans and campaigns and in the utilization of client marketing budgets.
• Work closely and cooperatively with strategy, communications and creative teams in accordance with agency workflow to deliver strategically driven creative solutions for clients that support client objectives and goals.
• Provide proactive and innovative solutions to problems. Be a role model to internal teams and junior staff by focusing on creative problem solving.
• Actively participate in thought leadership for agency, department and client category verticals.
• Prepare accurate and thorough input or other intake documents to successfully communicate to and educate agency teams on clients’ business, industry, history, brand, plans and objectives. Provide clear direction, specifications, assignments, responsibilities, expectations, due dates and required resources.
• Lead collaborative sessions, inputs and other meetings in a professional, efficient and effective manner staying on topic and accomplishing objectives for the meeting. Successfully communicate complete and accurate information including client goals and objectives. Actively participate in review meetings to keep team on-brand and or otherwise meeting client objectives.
• Create and critically review insightful reporting overviews, key learnings and action plans as they relate to clients’ marketing strategies and tactics effectiveness.
• Schedule and conduct new client onboarding meetings to establish/learn expectations, requirements, processes, and such to establish a firm foundation for a successful relationship. Communicate information to internal teams.
• Lead projects in accordance with agency workflow (both directly and through supervision of junior staff).
• Work closely and cooperatively with Project Management team to deliver services on target, on time, on budget and in accordance with agency workflow.
• Drive highest possible quality control in all agency services and deliverables.
• Proactively and successfully sell thinking, creative, strategy, and new work/projects to clients.
• Develop and maintain a successful and growth-oriented relationship with clients. Be available, be responsive, be accountable, communicate thoroughly and frequently, and be responsible. Learn specific communication styles and seamlessly adapt to different personalities for all client contacts. Know clients’ brand, business, industry, and competition. Be a valued, knowledgeable, and trusted counselor to clients.
• Communicate timely with clients for approvals, feedback, revisions, etc. to keep projects moving and relay information to internal teams quickly and thoroughly. (Either directly or through supervision of junior staff.)
• Provide the highest level of customer support in a proactive, positive and productive manner.
• Lead competitive tracking and present valuable insights to agency and client.
• Obtain client authorization with signed estimates, scopes of work or similar for all services and expenditures prior to initiating work. Properly document all client communications and approvals and communicate to internal teams. (Either directly or through supervision of junior staff.)
• Collaborate closely with client to manage a multi-million dollar marketing budget.
• Monitor project status and activity for change orders, scope creep, etc. and take appropriate action to remedy the situation. (Either directly or through supervision of junior staff.)
• Communicate regularly with accounting department to maintain accurate financial projections, billing and budget information and assist with collecting accounts receivable as necessary.
• Actively participate in detailed billing process to keep projects on budget and meticulously tracked. (Either directly or through supervision of junior staff.)
• Build and maintain a professional and productive relationship with all internal teams. Be a valued, knowledgeable, reliable, and trusted resource to internal teams. Be a role model and department leader.
• Directly supervisor junior level staff as assigned including:
o Dedicate appropriate time and effort to training junior staff on agency process, systems, workflow and the roles and responsibilities of an AM, marketing theory, marketing strategies, communication planning, analytics, brief writing, organic growth and conflict resolution;
o Provide ongoing mentoring, guidance, support and feedback to position junior staff for ultimate success (day-to-day oversight, regular one-on-one meetings, be available for questions and support as needed);
o Review time entries and assess appropriateness of time management and efforts in relation to end results/production; Provide guidance and recommendations as needed for appropriate and efficient management of time;
o Assess performance, work product quality and ultimate success of junior staff’s time and efforts;
o Conduct regular performance reviews in accordance with company policy providing constructive criticism on areas in need of improvement, praise for successes and establishment of progressive goals;
o Facilitate educational and professional development opportunities for junior staff.
o Represent Cactus in a professional manner at all times. Attend and present at industry-related conferences.
• Assist with agency new business efforts as requested.
• Be involved in industry organizations and pursue educational opportunities.
• Always go above and beyond expectations.
• Daily entry of accurate timesheets into the agency’s management software.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant agency experience managing marketing projects and budgets
• Retail and/or gaming experience preferred
• BA/BS degree in relevant field of study
• Documented skills and success in the creation of innovative marketing and communications plans that successfully meet or exceed client objectives
• Working knowledge of broad range of media strategies and tactics
• Documented skills and success in selling agency services, marketing plans and creative concepts
• Proven skills in client relationship management and growth
• Proven team leader, motivator, innovator and problem solver
• Persuasive presentation and communication skills
• Self-motivated, quick and assertive
• Able to stay cool, calm, collected and collaborative in any situation
• Experience in broadcast production preferred