Execute conceptual design sketches which convey creative body, styling, fit intent, fabric, trims, and colors. Collaborate with Graphic Design on complete product strategy to meet financial targets.
• Support and have some oversight of the design and development of the seasonal sourced apparel and speed lab product lines
• Familiarity with U.S. Sports and Licensed properties with a passion for great product and design
• Will be an integral partner with merchandising, sourcing and product development teams to create a smooth transition between initial concepts and final products
• Work closely with development team to ensure design intent is carried through to final product
• Responsible for balancing brand identity rules with creative opportunities, or order to elevate the league brands as well as Fanatics Brands through visual storytelling
• Strong knowledge of trends, consumer insights, new opportunities, and competition
• Unique insight into relevant market trends with a point of view on commercial viability of styles/silhouettes
• Consumer-focused mindset with an understanding of needs and the translation into product insights
• Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design, Merchandising, or related field; 4+ years of professional experience in Apparel Design is acceptable without a degree
• 2-4 years professional experience required
• Portfolio of previous work required
• Intermediate skill set and strong knowledge of apparel design, trims and garment styling and construction techniques
• Intermediate knowledge Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator; and awareness of the latest creative software programs, techniques, and applications
• Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and project management systems
• Strong written and verbal communication both internally and externally
• Must be results focused and highly detail oriented
• Ability to create and execute in a deadline oriented environment
• Demonstrate a professional and positive attitude with internal and external clients; with an openness to new ideas and differing opinions
• Must have strong organization skills or order to troubleshoot and manage multiple projects
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Collect your best work and submit it to the 2020 Core77 Design Awards — it will go in front of a group of the top designers practicing today, and winners will claim vast bragging rights, media attention and an amazing trophy.
Enter today to beat the looming regular deadline – March 9th!Enter the C77DA x