CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Curate creative color selection tools and color marketing collateral, for use by the sales team, including color cards, brochures, binders, fan decks, and palettes for coil, extrusion, liquid and powder.
• Masterfully use Revit and Keyshot to design and render products for customers and internal marketing collateral.
• Produce digital concept CMF boards for internal and customer inspiration while benchmarking competitive product design, trade show imagery, and CMF application for development opportunities.
• Facilitate customer events and workshops for assigned segments including Architectural and Building Products. Lead scheduling, preparation, performance, and follow-up of on-site customer visits at the DesignHouse in Minneapolis and Coil Facilities in Florida and Texas.
• Support customer color and product development with R&D Lab Technology teams. Liaise using design to technical translation skills between architects/designers and the lab. Manage and complete Lab Work Requests through the Sherwin-Williams tracking software system.
• Build credibility and customer confidence through color expertise and experiences developing strong relationships with customers and internal teams. Participate in cross-segment, divisional, and group projects with customers in partnership with the Sherwin-Williams internal Design Ecosystem, Marketing, and Enterprise selling.
• Contribute as a key member of the DesignHouse Trend Council specializing in Architectural (monumental, commercial, and residential), focusing on macro and micro trend research projects. Follow the Sherwin-Williams DesignHouse Trend Methodology and Forecasting process while gaining insights from multiple online sources such as WGSN, Stylus, TrendWatching, McKinsey and others for future CMF trends presentations.
• Travel to key trade shows, industry events, and conferences as required by the Global CMF & Trend Manager. Create post-event reports for internal use sharing CMF and product observations, inspiration, and validation.
• Prepare visual content and CMF in Architectural and Industrial Design for trend program and support materials.
• Work with Segments, Divisional, and Group Teams providing CMF design elements for social channel strategies and campaigns (ie: monthly color topics)
• Produce content for education and training materials on color, material, finish in theory, practice, and application to be used in presentations and for CEUs.
• Provide regularly scheduled updates to Global CMF & Trend Manager on project status.
• Outputs creative CMF presentations leading to DesignHouse and Architectural Coil workshops, color development of new colors for the manufacturing, and production of customer products.
• Responsible for coordinating Coil customer scheduling requests and calendar for assigned market segments.
• Makes recommendations on color development directions for customer and internal projects.
• Uses research and analysis sources to supply data, statistic, and other quantitative support for qualitative trend information
• Contributes content for social channels that raises awareness for Sherwin-Williams DesignHouse and Coil commitment to color design, increases followers, and overall engagement.
• Ability to adapt quickly to situational needs and think quickly to create responses.
• Bachelor degree in: Architecture, Interior Design, Product Design or similar
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• PC Skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel. PowerPoint)
• Revit CADD software
• KeyShot, Adobe (Photoshop, InDesign)
• 2-5 years of Design or Architectural experience
• Skillful knowledge of color theory, color systems, color specification, and color application
• Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
• Accustomed to public speaking, customer interaction, and building business relationships
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with teams
• Confidence leading projects, taking initiative, and working independently
• 2-5 years of Color Design and/or Trend Forecasting experience for Coatings, Paint, or Pigments
• Workshop facilitation expertise – specifically color, trend, or design thinking related
• Understanding of coatings technical terminology, formulation, and/or raw materials
• Portfolio in trend research and translation
• Portfolio of color marketing collateral design (ie color collection for a brand) and/or color application projects in the marketplace (ie color applied toa building or product)
• Proven creative visual communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.