SBLM Architects New York office is seeking an Interior Designer with a combination of creativity and technical knowledge, adept at developing concepts and assisting the design team on a wide range of projects. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience specifying interior material, producing, and coordinating interior design and construction documents.
• Professional degree in Architecture or Interior Design
• Portfolio demonstrating passion for interior architecture and designing
• Working knowledge of space planning, design methodology and design processes needed to develop concept imagery and prepare finish selections
• Highly organized and collaborative
• Excellent graphic presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, tight deadlines and work on various projects concurrently.
• Graphic layout experience preferred (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Demonstrates a strong balance of technical expertise and conceptual design skills
• Five years of experience in interior architecture
• A passion to make each assignment better than the last.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Perform interior design assignments for small and large-scale projects, throughout all phases of design: concept, schematic, and design development.
• Assist to prepare and develop graphic presentations for client approval
• Collaborate with design team to develop space plans, furniture layouts, and interior finishes
• Produce finish plans, furniture plans, and material selections needed for construction documentation/specifications.
Compensation and Benefits:
• We offer an excellent benefit package
• Benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision insurance plans, 401k Retirement plan, Flexible Spending Plan which includes transportation, parking, and more.
• Salary commensurate with level of experience
• Our company culture features professional learning and growth opportunities, rewarding project types to participate in and free ongoing professional educational program
• Creative and innovative work environment
Please email a resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com with “Interior Designer” in the subject line. All attachments should be in PDF file format, with a combined size of less than 10 MB. Links to portfolio and work samples in lieu of attachments are welcomed