Mod Op is hiring a talented Art Director to join our team in New York. The Art Director's will conceptualize, create, and implement visual and aesthetic direction of client projects from ideation to completion under guidance and collaboration with Creative Directors, Account Leads, and Copywriters. Output ranges from local to global, ranging from key art, visual target and style frames, to branding and large-scale campaigns for print/digital/out-of-home all with a passion for visual craft and storytelling.
- Report to Creative Director for overall project direction
- Work with Creative Director to conceptualize, design, and execute creative elements, deliverables and campaigns
- Manage and mentor junior designers through workflow and execution
- Help lead the visual aspects of creative work, ensuring a high visual standard across mediums
- Design and ideate across various media (web, print, brochures, digital, social, video)
- Execute print-ready mechanicals including collateral and specialty print items
- Work closely with Creative Director and Producer to ensure successful creative execution that adheres to project parameters.
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with Copywriter
- Help with concepting through the lifespan of the project: from sketches to styleframes to the finished piece.
- Understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audience
- Help present completed ideas to internal team and clients
- BA with 5-10 years in graphic design, or MA with 2 years of senior graphic design experience.
- Expert knowledge in typography and a passion for crafted visuals with clear viual and information hierarchy
- Fluency in branding within a multitude of deliverables, from logos, web layout design, identity systems, and motion style frames.
- Excellent eye for photography and composition
- Strong proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects, and Keynote.
- Motion design experience preferred