WTTW (Chicago PBS) is seeking a full-time Art Director, Motion Graphics to create/design compelling motion graphics and manage graphics team to support audience-driven content, marketing, and brand initiatives including television/video spots and promos and graphics for television/video series and shows.
• Design, create, and animate inventive graphics packages and promos in fast-paced, outcomes-driven environment using compelling motion graphics, animation, and video.
• Inspire, lead, train, and provide art direction for a small team of designers/animators.
• Synthesize and assign creative requests and requirements from across the organization; manage efficient and quick turnaround of graphics assets to support daily newsroom and other around-the-organization production.
• Collaborating with producers and marketing/creative services staff, take projects from creative concept to final finish building off of requests, creative briefs, and style frames.
• Develop, manage, streamline, and report on creative workflows and timelines utilizing scheduling system for all motion graphics design projects; work efficiently within project management/ticketing software platform to optimize utilization.
• Manage creative assets library for efficient search and retrieval across team.
• Collaborate with marketing and creative services staff to create style guides and to design and maintain graphic and brand identity of organization.
• Evaluate, interview, and hire graphic artists, both staff and per diem.
• Perform other duties as assigned including for sister classical music radio station WFMT.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation abilities
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable, while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure on multiple projects with tight and competing deadlines
• Thorough understanding of creative production planning and process; ability to estimate project scopes of work and time required to complete projects
• Ability to manage creative staff and maintain positive relationship with production and creative services staff
• Willingness to work outside of traditional hours depending on linear television schedule shifts
• 5+ years of experience as a designer overseeing motion graphics production in a multi-media environment
• Hands-on knowledge and background in typography, layout, color, and logo design
• Expert-level hands-on proficiency utilizing Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Element 3D, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere)
• Demonstrated proficiency in setting up and administering project management/ticketing software
• Experience utilizing character generators (e.g., Chyron, Maestro, XPression) a plus
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in graphic arts or related field a plus.
HYBRID WORK SCHEDULE AVAILABLE.
An online portfolio demonstrating animation, motion graphics / 3D, typography, logo design, and color theory work is required for consideration. Please include link with application.