Maker of things, Leader of teams
OMFGCO is a fast-paced, constantly-evolving, multidisciplinary studio, and we’re looking for a seasoned Art Director with the ability to establish conceptual, stylistic, and meaningful executions for projects and campaigns in conjunction with their creative team.
Here’s the deal:
This role reports directly to the Creative Directors, and works collaboratively with CDs, other ADs, Designers, and Producers on all design and cross-media solutions.
– Create inspiring, strategic, and innovative ideas.
– Push the vision. Have a thirst to investigate, develop design solutions, and set trends in creative.
– Question effectiveness. Challenge the status quo (i.e. if the existing copy doesn’t work, rewrite it).
– Make efforts to ensure that the team is working as a team, including the Producers and CDs.
– Embrace Producers as part of your team and collaborate with them to lead the team and produce work on time and on budget.
– See ideas all the way through the creative process, from initial concept to final sign-off to production.
– Embody the OMFGCO core values: Everything is an Opportunity - Stay Outside - Best Idea Wins - Water the Plants.
– Allow others to make you better. Show respect to yourself and others. Always begin with the end in mind. Over-deliver whenever possible. Make work that matters. Work to improve everyday, and be a pleasure to work with. Laugh a lot, have fun, and create from a place of joy.
– 5+ years of relevant experience.
– Practicing designer at senior level.
– Thorough understanding of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite and art supplies.
– Critical thinking skills.
– Build decks, speak to the work, and present to clients eloquently.
– Eagle-eye precision and detail-oriented follow-through with all design files.
– Perform press-checks and review print-proofs when needed.
– Work with Producers and CDs to determine the right design lead for each project (sometimes based on design capabilities, sometimes industry knowledge and experience, other times bandwidth).
– Lead your design team, review work, delegate tasks, and help mentor and develop their skill sets.
– Train and oversee designers as they develop design concepts into accurate mechanical layouts.
– Guide designers in making effective work and crafting decks to sell it.
– Give feedback and be the Quality Control before bringing concepts, decks, and any creative work to CDs for review.
– Confident and diplomatic client communication skills.
– Foster client relationships and help manage expectations of both the client and the team.
– Experience with copywriting, copyediting, digital, and/or strategy.
– Knowledge or experience with Agile Methodology or SCRUM.
– Experience with Asana.
This is a 90-day contract-to-hire position with full intent to hire.
Please email your resume and portfolio to email@example.com by Sunday, April 28th.