We are looking for a mid to senior-level art director who is creatively driven, a big idea/conceptual thinker and successfully able to use their medium to tell stories.
We are an award-winning creative agency located in Portland, OR. We are a small but mighty start-up, valuing big ideas, each other, our clients, and the planet. Each and every employee makes a difference. We promote a culture of respect and inclusion, encouraging everyone to speak their minds and express their opinions.
We care about our people and want you to love what you do and where you do it. Visit us at: https://opinionatedgroup.com/ to learn more.
About the role:
The Art Director works in creative partnership with a Copywriter to concept, create and produce effective creative deliverables. The Art Director is responsible for the visual look of these deliverables.
* A love for a start-up environment and all the excitement and experience it has to offer
* Be willing to “roll-up-the-old-sleeves” in that start-up environment
* Work closely with Creative Directors, Account Executive and Strategic Planner to understand client creative brief
* Brainstorm with Copywriter to create innovative, groundbreaking concepts for print, OOH, radio, digital, social and television that strategically deliver within the confines of client brief
* Design persuasive and original work
* Visually bring concepts to life within Keynote for internal and external presentations
* Submit ideas and discuss progress with the Creative Directors before making presentations to clients
* Interact with, present to and explain creative concepts both internally and to clients as required at all levels
* Amend, revise or redevelop campaigns in response to feedback from the Creative Director or clients
* Collaborate with Broadcast Producer, Account Executive and Project Management to ensure proposed creative solution can be feasibly executed within the time and budget given on the brief
* Oversee campaign from concept through production to completion
* Attend shoots (in person or virtually) to provide creative supervision and quality controls for third parties in the production process, such as directors, photographers, illustrators and artists. Be able to communicate with clients and manage expectations
* Provide concept development for and participates in new business pitches as needed
* Keep up to date with popular culture and trends
* Stay abreast of current trends in creative work produced within the advertising industry
* Bachelor’s degree
* 5-7 years art directing experience in a creative advertising agency preferred
* A website of relevant creative work
* Well-developed communication skills, including the ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale for client and team
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Experience with all the latest design tools, platforms and versions of applicable software programs: Mac OS, KeyNote, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
* Comprehensive understanding of interactivity and the web
* Mastery of visual content creation, including planning and executing shoots for video and still photography
* A proven track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical-thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
* Exceptional initiative, attention to detail and follow-through skills
* After-hours work and overnight travel as needed.
Opinionated is committed to creating a safe work environment, as demonstrated by our current, remote workforce. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, with the understanding that we not only welcome diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce, but are dedicated to it.
We offer a full range of benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401K, unlimited sick time, and a generous PTO and holiday schedule.
To get the ball rolling, send links to your portfolio and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference OC798 in subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!