Development Counsellors International is looking for an experienced freelance art director who can inspire and be inspired by others to take our creative efforts to the next level. The ideal art director will bring a mix of artistic, marketing and tourism/business expertise to the position to promote our economic development and tourism clients from around the world. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a passion for delivering dynamic ideas that connect with any audience.
We are looking to establish a strong working relationship with a skilled art director, beginning on a part-time or contract basis to “test drive” the relationship on specific projects. We currently have two people on our creative services team, a senior design manager and a junior graphic designer, and work with other graphic designers on a freelance basis.
• Conceptualize and execute creative campaign concepts working with account teams, creative and copywriter.
• Design and execute high-impact visual presentations for internal and external clients utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint and GoogleSlides. Presentations include but are not limited to new business pitches, tradeshows, meeting presentations and training materials.
• Develop new place brands/logos; brand presentation decks; brand guidelines and brand activation concepts.
• Design ads, collateral, research reports and other marketing materials for DCI and our clients.
• Discuss with clients to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation approaches, styles, and techniques.
• Develop creative briefs based on ideas established in brainstorming sessions with direction, schedules, and expected deliverables for the creative team
• Prioritize and balance multiple projects effectively in a high-volume, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in graphic design, new media or commercial art
• 8-10 years of experience with 2+ years of agency or in-house marketing experience
• Tourism and/or consumer experience a big plus
• Proven capability with Adobe Creative Suite 6 as well as Mac and PC platforms preferred
• Flexible schedule desired and ability to work occasional overtime to meet demands
• Experience with MS PowerPoint, GoogleSlides and Macromedia Flash preferred
• Highly creative
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Past work at an advertising agency
• Strong ability to prioritize and multitask
• Strong problem solving and organizational skills
• Highly motivated, proactive and attention to detail with great accuracy
• Able to function in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Be able to see other people's point of view and cope with criticism
• Experience at working both independently and in a team oriented collaborative environment