The Department of Art, Art History and Design at the University of Notre Dame invites applications for a tenure track faculty position in industrial design (ID) at the rank of Assistant Professor. The department seeks an experienced designer who can balance theory and practice in the classroom, and who demonstrates a successful record of accomplishment in the field of design. Candidates with relevant teaching experience or a body of design excellence in professional practice are strongly encouraged to apply.
- An active design research agenda and/or professional practice appropriate to the intellectual environment of a research university.
- A terminal degree (MFA, MDes, MID, MS) in the field of Industrial or UI/UX Design.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: industrial design, design for sustainability, materials and processes, UI/UX design, design strategy, and social design.
- A strong record of professional practice or scholarship within the field of industrial design.
- Collaborative and interpersonal skills to work effectively within a diverse setting.
- Proficient knowledge of SolidWorks or similar CAD software programs.
- University-level teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience in sustainable design methods and associated software.
- Proficient knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Broad experience across a range of traditional and digital industrial design prototyping media.