As a 3D Modeler at Tangent Design Group, you will help our clients redefine and reinvent their industries, from initial concept through product launch. We strive to deliver unique designs and experiences that are functional, effective, and aesthetically pleasing. Quality CAD data ensures each design is never compromised. Autodesk Alias will comprise a large portion of the day through surface iteration, refinement, and simplification of 3D models, but additional responsibilities also include developing strategies for Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA), and presentations to clients.
• CAD surface model development (from concept CAD to Class A surface refinement). Iterate and refine 3D models, develop design strategy for manufacturing.
• Work with engineering, marketing, production, design, and/or sales departments to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
• Research design trends, product benchmarking, safety, function, serviceability, and production methods.
• Take part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
• Present designs to clients for approval.
• Prepare files for manufacturing and export.
• Travel to client and/or production facilities as needed.
• Proficiency in Autodesk Alias
• 2 - 3+ years’ experience in Industrial Design with a portfolio that design dexterity
• Strong core design skills in sketching, ideation, 2D/3D rendering, form and surface development
• Self-motivated with proven teamwork success, as well as the ability to work on multiple types of projects
• Effective communication skills to include in-person, virtual, and phone interaction with clients and staff
• BS, BA or MA in Industrial Design or strongly related field
• Transportation Design experience preferred
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, Autodesk VRED, or Solidworks a plus
Please submit resume, cover letter detailing your Alias experience, and a PDF portfolio that showcases your best work to email@example.com. Applications without Alias experience or portfolios will not be considered.