We are seeking a full-time Color, Material, and Finish Designer for our headquarters in the greater Kansas City area. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating with industrial designers, material engineers, mechanical engineers, tooling engineers, and suppliers to forecast, develop, and implement color, material, and finish plans for a wide array of consumer products.
- Develop and implement CMF strategies for a wide array of consumer products
- Manage and analyze trends in fashion, lifestyle, and colors for relevant market segments
- Identify the need for new or refreshed color palettes and develop them
- Work with a team of prototype specialists to create color and material targets
- Create renderings to present CMF options to the team
- Present and communicate CMF strategy to design teams, product managers, sales managers, and key segment members.
- Own the color & finish matching process with manufacturing and material suppliers
- Collaborate with material engineers and team members in Asia to research new materials and finishes
- Establish and maintain a color and material library as a resource for the Consumer Industrial - Design and Mechanical Engineering teams
- Collaborate with designers, material engineer, mechanical engineers, and product managers on CMF strategies and goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule
- Demonstrated knowledge, education, experience and/or training necessary to use tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, and Keyshot
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge of a wide variety of materials and manufacturing methods including, but not limited to: plastic, silicone, metals, coatings, and more
- Demonstrated proficient presentation skills and strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously generate and support pragmatic solutions that meet project timelines and high-quality standards
- Outstanding academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5)
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.