Tillberg Design of Sweden, TDoS, has over 50 years of experience creating luxury dreamscapes travelling the seas of the world. We bring together interior architecture, design, signage and branding. TDoS is now seeking a Chief Design Officer, CDO, to lead our experienced cruise design studios and teams into the future, ensuring that our design continues outperforming our clients' visions.
Key responsibilities for our CDO:
• Understand and translate our clients' needs and briefs to creative design excellence
• Lead the entire design process, from high-level design concepts to project completion
• Supervise and sign off high-quality design crafted on time and within budget
• Share the design ideas with clients, employing storyboards, mockups, 3d models and other elements for visualizing our design concepts
• Secure solid collaboration with other TDoS departments to ensure that our design meets the business needs
• Provide leadership and direction for our cruise design studio professionals
• Develop and mentor our designers to ensure high-quality design team
• Be part of the TDoS management Team
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in interior architecture, interior design, or a related field
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in design work including experience of leading and mentoring creative teams. Experience from more than one company is desireable.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and inspire a team of designers
• Charismatic, inspiring, coaching with amazing social skills. Key to get the team of designers with you.
• Experience with 3D modelling software such as Rhino, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and SketchUp is good but not a must
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Passion for design, and a commitment to staying up to date with the latest trends and innovations
This is a full-time position, and the successful candidate will mainly be based at HQ in Höganäs, Sweden. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement. The position involves frequent traveling to both clients, exhibitions and the various offices of the company. If you are a highly creative and passionate individual with a proven track record in design and leadership of creative teams, we encourage you to apply.