Title: Communications Consultant
Reports to: Communications Practice Leader
FLSA Classification: Exempt
To optimize the health and well-being of those we serve.
• High Energy: We demonstrate vitality and enthusiasm.
• Compassionate: We treat others with kindness and a helpful spirit.
• Internally Driven: We make it happen.
• Can Do: We greet opportunities and challenges with positivity and resilience.
Design external and internal communication pieces for FBG. Participate in client communication strategy meetings and determine how best to meet those needs. Edit, proofread, and format communications as needed. Work with firm practice groups to meet communication and design needs. Evaluate and implement FBG communications and branding on a regular basis, innovating to ensure client goals and objectives are met and exceeded.
1. Design and brand communication pieces that are innovative, on-trend, and in keeping with client branding, culture and needs, assessing communication assets annually for updates and/or changes.
2. Play an integral part in ensuring FBG’s brand is consistent and used accurately throughout communication pieces.
3. Help to develop and finalize communication pieces through iterations of formatting, editing, and providing wording suggestions that are consistent with FBG brand voice and message.
4. Understand the basic terms and purpose of each practice group in order to design and develop stellar communications for each.
5. Collaborate across teams to develop a variety of content that is fresh, original, formatted and peer-reviewed consistently – including presentations, open enrollment guides, newsletters, brochures, videos, social media and more.
6. Meet with team members across departments regularly to talk about problem areas, needs, wants, etc. Check in to ensure needs are being met throughout the year.
7. Demonstrate self-motivation to learn and discover new technology and software, testing it for potential use for FBG and clients. Consider and voice ideas to improve current practices and communicate ideas to team for further exploration.
8. Meet with assigned clients as needed to determine client communication goals and update the client throughout the year.
9. Participate in presentations for prospective clients; lead the discussion of Communications roles and responsibilities.
10. Troubleshoot any employee or client issues; respond to client requests within 24 hours of receipt. Resolve issues and communicate accordingly.
11. Regularly work with Business Development/Marketing to implement best practices on social media and deliver content.
12. May help with printing and shipping, or special client projects as needed.
13. May develop video and motion graphics for a variety of platforms and needs.
14. May help with SEO.
15. May train other employee on formatting and new programs.
16. May manage the execution of the FBG website including content and blog post updates.
17. May own the formatting of renewals and similar documents, formatting Excel data and transferring it to a presentable format.
18. Complete a minimum of 10 hours annually of continuing education in subjects/programs related to Design, Communication, or Marketing.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting and standing.
• Occasionally deliver presentations to varying audience sizes throughout the year, sitting or during presentations.
• Occasional lifting and moving of objects of up to 20 pounds.
• May occasionally need to use stairs.
• Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving to various worksites/client offices occasionally.
• Communicating with others, in verbal and written format, to exchange information.
• Repeating motions that include hands, fingers and wrists.
• Position may require local travel, up to 20% of the time.
• Position requires regular and reliable attendance.
• Position requires regular work on a computer, at least 90% of the time.
• Position requires proficiency in the English language and grammar, verbally and written.
• No adverse environmental conditions expected.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to Perform Satisfactorily in This Role:
• Support the FBG mission, values and cultural manifesto.
• Use necessary technology platforms including Zoom, GoToMeeting, Slack, etc.
• Represent FBG well, in person and via social media.
• Intermediate to expert level knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Intermediate to expert level knowledge in the Adobe Suite, including Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Experience working in Adobe InDesign (or similar program).
• Experience working in Adobe After Effects/Premier (or similar program).
• Strongly prefer experience with website design and popular hosting platforms.
• Keep up with new technology and software updates.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Prefer degree in communications, marketing, or design fields.
• Experience translating industry jargon and dense information into clear, widely accessible content.
• A passion for building relationships with customers, externally and internally.
• At least two years of experience managing client projects.
• Ability to innovate and provide ideas to improve client and employee experience.
• Ability to provide mentorship and guidance to fellow employees.
• Ability to see projects through to completion.
• Proven aptitude for quick and creative thinking within demanding deadlines.
• Ability to be proactive and provide project status updates.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize when multiple tasks are assigned.
• Resourcefulness; ability to think ahead.
• High sense of urgency and responsiveness.
• Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
• Ability to work and creatively problem solve independently while also working well in group settings.
• Experience editing short- to long-form editorial content under deadline.
• Ability to speak and write in more than one language a plus.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, target base salary, and a writing piece of 400 words or less on "How to Stay Active During COVID"